All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Alice's Meatloaf
      #263332 - 05/14/06 12:10 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This recipe combines my mother's meatloaf recipe (replacing the ground beef she used with ground turkey and omitting the bacon) with some flavoring ideas from Shell's Turkey Meatloaf.

Alice's Meatloaf

Ingredients:

Cooking spray (Pam, e.g.)
1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey (all white meat)
1 slice white bread, sandwich size
1/4 cup liquid egg whites (whites of 2 eggs)
1/4 cup ketchup, plus additional ketchup for topping
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup finely chopped onion (more if you like it and can tolerate it)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 4 loaf pan lightly with a cooking spray.

Remove ground turkey from refrigerator and let it warm up a little.

Cut the slice of bread into small cubes. If the crust is very crunchy or chewy, remove it and discard. Place the bread cubes in a small bowl and add warm water to cover by about 1 inch.

In a large bowl, beat the 1/4 cup egg whites lightly. Add 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Combine well.

Add 1 cup finely chopped onion and combine well.

Remove the bread cubes from the water and squeeze the liquid out of them. It's easiest to do this with your hands. Get as much liquid as possible out of the bread. Add the bread cubes to the mixture. Combine well.

Add the ground turkey to the mixture and combine well. Again, it's easiest to do this with your hands.

Pack the meatloaf mixture into the loaf pan. Top with a light coating of ketchup.

Bake for an hour. Let cool 5-10 minutes before slicing.

I serve this with Skinny Mashed Potatoes and Simply Organic Turkey Gravy, along with either a vegetable or a salad. Green peas are my family's classic vegetable with meatloaf, but I also like asparagus with this meal.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1516

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review