Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
You're welcome and good luck! -nt- new
      #169210 - 04/12/05 08:59 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nothin'-to-It Muffins new
      #169265 - 04/12/05 12:23 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Ganny,

Are you okay with the carton egg whites? Or do you want a sub to get around them altogether? Here are some subs on the boards, but I haven't tried them:

Egg Substitute
Egg Substitutes
Egg Substitute with Flax Seed Meal

Let me know if you like this recipe. I still haven't tried it yet! LOL I'm usually to lazy to make muffins - I'd rather dump all the batter at once and bake it, as in a bread or cake or something. Go ahead a post your recipe though! Even if I don't try it now, I may at some point. And, I'm sure others would love to try it!

Hope you're having another good day today!

Conversion Info for Weights & Measures new
      #169807 - 04/14/05 07:23 AM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Hi Steph,

It's easier to convert weights if you have a kitchen scale. Here is a website with all the info you need to make our US recipes with your own measuring devices. http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm
I dream of a world where everybody uses the same measuring systems, changes their clocks on the same weekend, and all the voltage is compatible.

sperry_twiggins

Oops, I didn't even think about the different measures! new
      #169832 - 04/14/05 08:31 AM
Sand

I'm so sorry. I guess I was being terribly helpful about the wrong problem. Thanks for being so nice about it, Steph.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Conversion Info for Weights & Measures new
      #177490 - 05/08/05 05:43 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

I used to try converting cups into UK measures, but believe me, it is a lot easier to buy a set of cups and spoons!

I think people used to use them here in the UK too, judging from some old recipe books I've seen, but it seems to have died out and most British recipe books now just use metric or imperial measures instead - usually both.

Josephine

#313533 - 08/19/07 11:50 AM
karen302

Reged: 08/19/07
Loc: ayr, scotland, united kingdom

Hi i just wanted to say thanx so much for posting such a great recipe! i am new to this and am trying heathers eating for ibs and throught that i found this page. anyway i just wanted to say thanx ive made them plain, with apricots and also raisens! my entire household loves them! thanx again karen

I love it mix and match muffins! nt new
      #313605 - 08/20/07 11:34 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#365186 - 06/19/11 01:42 PM
Sand

I haven't made these in a long time but did so for breakfast this morning. Soy milk with cider vinegar to "buttermilk" it; half and half crystallized ginger and walnuts for the add-in; half oil and half applesauce; 400 degrees for 25 minutes. I used cinnamon for the Column B flavoring but added it to my dry ingredients.

I made a half-recipe and we polished off 4 for breakfast this morning. That leaves me with a couple to have for breakfast Monday and Tuesday, supplemented with hard-boiled egg white for protein.

These are wonderful. I'm already planning to make them again next weekend with blueberries as the add-in (a generous 1/2 cup for a full recipe, fresh if the price is reasonable otherwise frozen) and dried lemon peel (3 teaspoons) as the flavoring. Yum!

--------------------

#373935 - 12/31/19 07:00 AM
Sand

Lately I've been making these without any add-in (no blueberries, walnuts, etc). I just add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to my dry ingredients. These taste wonderful - a little like cinnamon rolls - and are very easy on my tummy.

--------------------

#373936 - 01/07/20 10:46 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Thanks Sand! Delicious!

XOOX
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 45761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review