Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pumpkin Cheesecake
      #24961 - 10/30/03 11:38 AM
Krista

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Connecticut, USA

Pumpkin Cheesecake..***hope you enjoy**

I served this to my family at a party and nobody new the difference. They were shocked when they asked me for the recipe.

Ingredients:
25 gingersnaps
12 oz (1 pkg.) Mori-NuŽ Silken Tofu - Extra Firm Lite
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 (8-oz. pkgs) SOY cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 T. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
6 egg whites

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8" or 9" springform pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
In a food processor or blender, grind gingersnaps until crumbly. Press crumbs evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
In a food processor, puree tofu until smooth. Add sugar and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, cornstarch, allspice and cloves. Blend until smooth. Add egg whites and blend until just mixed.
Pour into prepared pan. Tap pan a few times against counter to break up any air bubbles. Bake 65 minutes until cheesecake puffs and the center is almost set. Transfer to a rack and let cool. To serve, run a knife around the sides to loosen cake. Release the pan sides. Cut into wedges.

**I used 2 packages soy cream cheese and was fine. If you feel more comfortable, omit one package cream cheese and substitute more tofu.**

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ohhhh...this looks really good!!! -nt- new
      #24978 - 10/30/03 02:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Been afraid... new
      #46390 - 02/24/04 11:39 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I love cheesecake SOOOOooo much, I've been a little afraid to try an IBS recipe in case I got my hopes up and then had them dashed! This is the recipe from Heather's book, isn't it??? I know she's got one in there. Don't know why I'm hesitant-- never had a bad recipe out of that book! And now you're vouching for this.... I'm going to have to do it!

--------------------

Re: Been afraid... new
      #46436 - 02/24/04 03:18 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - this isn't the one from Eating for IBS, but it sure does look good. If you're at all afraid, replace some of the soy cream cheese (which is high in fat) with silken tofu or with well-drained soy yogurt.

I can actually eat the tofu cheesecake in EFI for breakfast it's so safe, so give it a shot.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I'm convinced new
      #46492 - 02/25/04 05:14 AM
jenX

Wasn't sure if this was the one from Eating For IBS- the book was at home. Looked at that one when I got out of work last night. Still looks good to me...

I'm going to try it. I was going to do an angel food cake for my birthday, but I'll try one of the tofu cheesecakes instead.

I'll let you know how it turns out! If it's tolerable and tasty and even good for breakfast, I may have to pretend I never made it or I'll have it all the time and gain too much weight!!!!

Thanks, all, for your suggestions!

--------------------

Cheesecake--- Thanks! new
      #47266 - 03/01/04 05:09 AM
jenX

Made the pumpkin cheesecake for dinner last night! YUMMY!!!

Thanks so much for convincing me to try it. Everyone loved it and no one knew it wasn't "regular" cheesecake.

Can't wait to try something else new!

--------------------

Re: Cheesecake--- Thanks! new
      #47279 - 03/01/04 07:52 AM
Kree

Loc: Northern NY

That does look fabulous! I'm just curious, did you use some tofu in place of the soy cream cheese to make it lower fat, or did you make it exactly as is? I'd like to try this one eventually too!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Birthday cheesecake new
      #47282 - 03/01/04 08:10 AM
jenX

Hi, Kree.

I made it as-is in the recipe because it's my birthday and I need some kind of fun! I'm not terrible suceptible to IBS episodes from lowish-fat foods. It seems some people on the boards have to stay REALLLLLLLY low-fat? I can't go out for grilled cheese and fries anymore, but certainly this cheesecake was low enough for me.

LOVED IT!

--------------------

Re: Birthday cheesecake new
      #47297 - 03/01/04 10:40 AM
Kree

Loc: Northern NY

Thanks Jen! I don't blame you for going all out on your birthday! I tend to splurge on special occassions like that too, but on a day-to-day basis I try to keep things pretty low fat. The good thing is my mother told me today she's lost about 15 lbs (without even trying!), so it makes me happy to know that all my low fat cooking and baking is helping her out!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Wahoo! new
      #47301 - 03/01/04 11:15 AM
jenX

I'm tellin' ya, Kree, when you're ready to adopt a chipper 33 year old chocolatier, let me know! I wouldn't mind dropping 15 pounds! Tell your Mom congrats!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4800

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review