All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Shell Marr - OVEN-Fried Honey Chicken new
      #268681 - 06/10/06 03:54 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you!
I don't know if I have a rack, but I will check. That might work!! I'll let you know how it turns out if I can find a rack.

Do you have one that you would cool cake or cookies on? Throw in on top of a cookie sheet and your good to go!!

I was just about to suggest using a baker's rack that you cook cookies on placed over a cookie sheet. Cool, thanks.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OVEN-Fried Honey Chicken - Have any of you tried this? Reply asap if you can please. new
      #268682 - 06/10/06 03:59 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:

I'm stumped, I'm looking for a recipe that is simple and inexpensive. My mom decided to throw me an impromtu bday party tomorrow and I'm in a time crunch. She wants me to find a recipe to cook for dinner that she can afford to do. My family has a hard time figuring out my IBS needs, even when I've told them hundreds of times, so she wants me to email her a recipe ASAp because tomorrow is the bdah celebration. Have any of you tried this chicken recipe? It sounds like it fits the bill. I just hope everyone likes it! I'm reading about everyone's side dish suggestions. If anyone has tried this oven-fried honey chicken I'd love to hear your opinions. I wish I had enough time to find something that doesn't heat up the house tho, lol, it's very hot here, in AZ! Thank you all!

Yes, I'm replying to myself. I'm sorry all for jumping the gun - you had all posted replies about this recipe and I didn't even bother to scroll down. I was so frantic about other ppl's opinions I didn't even think. I'm sorry! It looks like a lot of you liked it. I'm going to try this. I'm going to have my mom try it rather, since she's the one making my bday dinner. I will suggest the baking rack idea and also I think white rice would taste good with this and I'll let my mom choose a veggie (I can usually tolerate almost any veggie, usually, lol) I just hope having her cook two oven recipes (desert and dinner) won't be too much of a hassle. Thanks again all!

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Re: I seem to be stuck... new
      #268710 - 06/10/06 07:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

ICBINB light = I can't Beleive It's Not Butter

Quote:

Quote:

How about smashed potatoes with the skin still on? Just boil up the potato and smash it up with some chicken broth and some ICBINB light. Also maybe some creamed spinach? Just boil up some frozen spinach, drain it, and mix in some safe soy or rice cheese. Add a little soy milk to thin it if you need to. Spinach has a ton of IF and should be tolerable alongside the potatoes or a roll.

Oh, dear, what's ICBINB light?? I didn't find it in the common abbreviations sticky and I just can't get my head wrapped around it. Is it like Imagine Cream of something? LOL Thanks!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: OVEN-Fried Honey Chicken new
      #269117 - 06/13/06 08:53 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Wow this sounds yummy, and you mean this is a totally safe recipe? You mean ibs safe food can actually taste good? there is more to life than just toast?? Wow my mind is totally blown, i love this site.. hahaha

#348662 - 08/01/09 03:20 PM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06
Loc: USA

Can you tell me how long I should cook if I use 4 pieces of chicken? About 2 lbs total.

#348699 - 08/03/09 02:54 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I usually do this with little chopped up bit s of chicken so I do them for fifteen minutes at 400 degrees. If your using full chicken breat then anything between 20 to 30 should be fine. Start with a shorter time then cut the chicken to check if it's cooked and put it back in the oven if it needs more time.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 157652

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review