All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
One-skillet Pasta and Mushrooms with Marsala
      #237021 - 01/09/06 06:27 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Adapted from The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook by Donna Klein, which was a Christmas present from my mother. It's the same author as the Mediterranean cookbook I posted recipes from last week

This was dinner tonight, and it was tasty! Definitely recommend, and was easy as throwing stuff in the pot and stirring!

Makes 4-6 servings

1 8-oz package presliced fresh mushrooms (I used two 4-oz cans of sliced mushrooms, and a few handfuls of shredded carrots)
1/4 cup dry Marsala wine, dry sherry, or dry Madiera (the alcohol definitely cooks off)
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup water, plus additional if necessary
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves (I omitted)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 oz rotelle, rotini, or other twist pasta

In a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, add the mushrooms (and carrots) and cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the Marsala and increase the heat to medium-high; cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have released all their liquid and the Marsala is greatly reduced, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, water, onion, parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta and let return to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the pasta is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. If the pasta is not done by the time most of the liquid has been absorbed, add water by 1/4 cup at a time until the pasta is cooked to desired doneness. Serve at once.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1115

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review