All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
making old fashioned rice pudding
      #236377 - 01/06/06 04:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Which is better: to cook the rice in soy milk or to cook it normally and add it to milk? I want to make classic pudding with rum raisins, eggs, soy milk, creamer, vanilla, cinnamon and sweet rice. I want it to be pretty simple too for this time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: making old fashioned rice pudding new
      #236420 - 01/06/06 07:40 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I would cook it in the soymilk, personally. I think that makes it creamier.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

ok-nt new
      #236543 - 01/07/06 04:18 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#236670 - 01/08/06 12:37 PM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I was watching Sara Moulton, on the Food Network yesterday and she was making a low fat version of Rice Pudding......It looked like something that I could eat, so I made it today and it is delicious<: I am eating it right now. Here is my version:

1 cup rice milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup white rice
3 cups Silk nog
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup raisins

Bring 1 cup milk with salt to boil and stir in rice. Cover and reduce heat to low, then cook covered, for 15 minutes.
Stir in soy nog and sugar and cook over low heat, covered until mixture resembles a thick soup, 50 minutes to an hour.

Whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Whisk about 1 cup hot rice mixture into egg mixture, then stir mixture into remaining rice. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly. About 1-2 minutes. remove from heat
and stir in raisins.

Transfer pudding to a 1 qt dish and chill, covered with wax paper.

Each serving contains about 192 calories and 2 grams of fat.

I thought this qualified as a safe dish, if anyone thinks it isn't let me know and I will also see how I feel tomorrow after eating it. It sure it good!!

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

sounds just right new
      #236686 - 01/08/06 01:41 PM
Little Minnie

I will just use all whites or egg beaters. Thanks!

--------------------

#236688 - 01/08/06 01:42 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

My only comment would be to use all egg whites, since the yolks bother some people. Looks fantastic!! If I can get myself to give up any of my beloved Silk Nog I'll give it a try!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review