All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mexican One Pan Dinner (YUM!)
      #229763 - 12/06/05 05:56 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

Not only is this recipe IBS friendly, but totally delicious. It hit the spot when I was craving Mexican.

Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces (i just baked them in the oven w/ salt and pepper)

McCormick's Mexican Seasoning (in a plastic jar found down the spice aisle at the supermarket; there is no MSG or dairy or anything in it- it is not super spicy, but tastes like taco seasoning)

2 cups water

2 cups white minute rice

Grated cheddar flavored rice cheese

Directions:

In a large sauce pan, heat chicken a bit. Then add (in the same pan) 2 cups of water and season with McCormicks Mexican seasoning blend to taste. You can tell when you've added enough based on teh orange coloring and the aroma. Just give it a smell and you can tell if you added enough for your tastes! Bring to a rapid boil. Stir in two cups of minute rice. Reduce heat to low. Immediately top lightly with shredded rice cheese. Cover and let sit on low heat for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!

I like to eat it just like this from a bowl, but you could probably enjoy this recipe with baked tostitos or flour tortillas.

Hope I haven't mistaken in anything, but I really did find it tummy-friendly. Hope others like it.

AMBER

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

even easier ... new
      #229848 - 12/07/05 08:20 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

If you're making this for just one person (I live alone), you can just use a can of Swanson's canned chicken breast. It's all white meat, 99% fat free, boneless, skinless, and fully cooked. Saves the step of cooking the chicken first and it's super cheap.

This recipe sounds yummy, I'll have to try it. My rice cooker went to the big appliance farm in the sky a while back, and I've been burning rice on the stove ever since. I'll have to give minute rice a try!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Great idea! new
      #229943 - 12/07/05 03:04 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

What an awesome idea! With an 8 month old son, any way I can save time when it comes to cooking is very helpful! I didn't know that there were any safe canned meats, so thank you so much for the idea.

Take care!

Amber (21, F, California)

Re: Mexican One Pan Dinner (YUM!) new
      #283740 - 09/24/06 12:19 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi i can't seem to find this mexican spice seasoning any where help! thanks

Re: Mexican One Pan Dinner (YUM!) new
      #283747 - 09/24/06 01:45 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's the Website for the McCormick's Mexican Seasoning: web page

To me, this looks a lot like those taco seasoning pouches. I can't find any of those without MSG, so if you can't find the McCormick's you could probably use this homemade one I found: web page

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 445 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3168

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review