All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I got a great Recipe-Chex Chicken Nuggets
      #223679 - 11/08/05 09:43 AM
Sandy_22

Reged: 10/24/05

Hi my name is Sandra and I am new to this message board. I bought Heather's IBS recipe book and started looking for more recipes to add to my new collection. I loved the Honey Glazed Sanck Mix and was wondering what I could do with my boxes of Chex Mix (I have a lot-I really like the snack mix!!!). The Chex website has tons of recipes that can be modified to be IBS safe and this is one I tryed last night. It came out great and my little sisters say that if I make chicken like this they would eat it every night!

Chex Chicken Nuggets
3 cups corn chex (crushed really good)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (you could cut this out if cheese is a problem for you)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons Butter (I used Smart Balance Light)
1 Tablespoon Milk (I used Vanilla Soy Milk)
1 lb. chicken cut into 1-inch pieces.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Stir melted margarine and milk together in one bowl. In another bowl combine the parmesan cheese, salts, parprika, and garlic powder. Dip chicken slices in milk mixture and then roll chicken in crumb mixture. Place chicken on a non-stick cookie sheet (or just use some PAM on a regular sheet) and Bake 8 mins. Turn chicken and bake another 8 mins. Serve the chicken with any type of dipping sause. My sisters used Sweet and Sour sauce from McDonalds and I used a Honey Mustard Sauce.

I am so glad that I found this website it has made a world of difference for me! I finally am losing weight and I feel so wonderful. Thanks for all the help and all the wonderful recipes.

-Sandra Jesch
New Jersey (IBS-D)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy parmesan is a convincingly good substitute for regular! -nt- new
      #223685 - 11/08/05 10:21 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Almost burned down my dorm years ago ... new
      #223850 - 11/09/05 05:16 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I tried making a similar recipe -- Cap'n Crunch Chicken -- in my dorm kitchen about 4 years ago. The one I did was on the stovetop, not in the oven. I had to drop the cereal-coated chicken in the oil. Wellllll it was a little too hot, I guess, and it burst into flames. I removed the pot from the stove, since the microwave was directly above the range (and fire plus electricity is bad news). There was nowhere for me to put the pot down so I just put it on the floor. My friend dumped a bowl of soapy water on it (apparantly she never learned that that's the worst thing to do for a grease fire). The flames hit the 15' ceiling and then finally went out. The entire building had to be evacuated, and we were responsible for $600 of damage to the kitchen. Ah, college ...

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Soy parmesan is a convincingly good substitute for regular! -nt- new
      #223977 - 11/09/05 04:54 PM
Grandma

Reged: 09/29/05
Loc: MO

Thanks for the tip Where do you purchase Soy Parmesan...the health food store or regular supermarket?

My grocer carries it - check cheese section or soy/health food section -nt- new
      #224038 - 11/10/05 06:32 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: My grocer carries it - check cheese section or soy/health food section -nt- new
      #224059 - 11/10/05 08:00 AM
Grandma

Reged: 09/29/05
Loc: MO

Thanks, will do!

Re: I got a great Recipe-Chex Chicken Nuggets new
      #367408 - 05/07/12 04:18 PM
Jhana

Reged: 03/19/12
Loc: PA, USA

I'm glad I came across this post! I'm far from a cook! I can't think of things to make on my own without researching for recipes and because I'm a picky eater it's hard for me to find things that seem appetizing to me but when I looked on the Chex website, I downloaded this recipe and the buffalo chicken (which I LOVE) recipe! WHOO! HOO! and they are baked....no fry! YAY!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16002

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review