All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Halloween Candy
      #216512 - 09/29/05 10:15 AM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

Its that time of year again to celebrate with candy. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and around this time last year I spent it in the hospital sick as a dog cause the doctors didnt know what was wrong with me (IBS was the culprit) Anyways I want to do my usual Halloween tradition and get a lot of junk food and candies invite friends and family over and watch scary movies and pass out candies but Im still new to this IBS thing. Can anyone please help give me a list of IBS safe snacks and canies that I can just buy off the grocery shelf without having to spend all day in the kitchen? Please Help if you can.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Halloween Candy new
      #216516 - 09/29/05 10:28 AM
RRR

Reged: 09/29/05
Loc: Central Alabama

I am very new too. I started this diet in April and just this past weekend I tried Smarties (my daughter had a birthday party, so I snuck a few). I ate two packages/rolls, but I didn't have any problems.

#216520 - 09/29/05 10:34 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Smarties
Jelly Beans
Gummi Bears, worms etc
Red Vines
York Peppermint Patties (small amount of dairy, thanks Casey)
Salt Water Taffy (read the label)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (09/29/05 10:47 AM)

#216521 - 09/29/05 10:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Candies that don't contain dairy, fat (or much fat, anyway), and HFCS are your safest bets... read the labels.

Now, I'm not sensitive to HFCS at all, so my list might not be the safest for you, but here's what I've found I can eat safely: jellybeans, lollipops, Junior Mints, candy corn & pumpkins, Smarties, Spree, and anything like gumdrops - Dots, Crows, gummy worms, etc.

As for junk food, pretzels are always safe. For something sweeter, make up a batch of Heather's honey-glazed chex mix. I don't know how you feel about hummus, but a big batch of homemade hummus takes no time at all to make, and is really good with pita chips.

(To make pita chips: split the pitas into single layers and cut or break into chip-sized pieces. Spray with cooking spray & sprinkle with salt & any seasonings you might want. Bake at 300 till dry and toasted - it won't take long - let cool, and they'll be crispy.)

Hope that helps!

Just an FYI... new
      #216523 - 09/29/05 10:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Peppermint patties do contain a small amount of dairy. Depending on how sensitive you are to that, you might want to avoid them and go for Junior Mints instead.

#216650 - 09/29/05 05:15 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

I remember reading in Heather's site that we can have Jelly Belly brand Jelly beans! Maybe give those a try. I'm always looking for them, but I can never find them around here.

--------------------
IBS-C

#216658 - 09/29/05 06:12 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I don't know if anyone said this one, but Swedish Fish are my favorite IBS safe candy. And dots, pretty much anything that is pure sugar. i would totally avoid chocolate candies, they are usually have alot of dairy.

I think someone said before that Peeps are safe, I don't eat them, but they have one's for every holiday now, not just Easter, and I have seen halloween ones in the store recently.

Have fun on your get together... sounds like fun and a good idea, maybe I will do something similiar this year!

I Just LOVE Halloween!

--------------------
-Sheri

#216661 - 09/29/05 06:28 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I've become totally addicted to candy corn this year... the autumn mix, with the chocolate corns and pumpkins, too. I can't stop eating them, and the best thing is they've been totally safe for me.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Wait, Smarties are safe? ... new
      #216713 - 09/30/05 07:18 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Don't they have dairy, and solid chocolate...?

(If they are safe, I'm going to do a happy dance )

Re: Wait, Smarties are safe? ...
      #216763 - 09/30/05 09:13 AM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

hmm, I think you may be thinking of a different smartie. Smarties look like THIS . Now if those have solid chocolate in them, theres no telling what else does!!!!

Maybe you are thinking of Sixlets ... my most favorite candy ever!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13710

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review