All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tamara's impromptu apple crisp- note better recipe below!
      #211651 - 09/07/05 07:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

4 medium crisp apples, peeled and sliced very, very thinly, about a scant 4c
1T lemon juice
1T water
1/2t cinnamon
1/2c brown sugar
1/2T margarine in small pieces
topping to follow

Heat oven to 350. In a medium baking dish sprayed with butter Pam, add apples and lemon and then stir remaining ingredients except butter, dot butter on top.

Topping:
1/4c pecans
1/2c oats
1/2c flour
1/4c brown sugar
pinch salt
pinch soda (probably does nothing because there are no wet ingredients)
1/2t nutmeg
1/2t cinnamon
2T margarine in pieces
In food processor pulse pecans and dry ingredients, add margarine and pulse until mostly incorporated. put on top of apples and bake 40 min. Let sit 10 min in oven to soften.
Serves 8. Fat is about 5 grams per serving. Make sure apples are sliced thinly or they will be crunchy.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (09/11/05 01:00 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

update new
      #211670 - 09/08/05 04:36 AM
Little Minnie

DH thought it was good but the top was too crumbly so I was thinking of changing it to 1/4c flour and 3/4c oats and then putting melted margarine or oil in it and stirring. Also the top could have less sugar. I thought it was good, but yes I guess it was 'powdery' on top.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Tamara's apple crisp new
      #212386 - 09/11/05 01:07 PM
Little Minnie

4 medium crisp apples, peeled and sliced very, very thinly, about a scant 4c.
1T. lemon juice to sprinkle on apples
2T. water
1/2t cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2c brown sugar
Butter flavor Pam
topping to follow

Heat oven to 350. In a small baking dish sprayed with Pam mix apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon and spray with butter Pam. Set on stove while mixing topping to let apples start to soften.

1/4c pecans
3/4c oatmeal
1/4c flour
1/4c brown sugar
pinch salt
1/2t fresh nutmeg
1/2t cinnamon
2T. margarine

In food processor finely mince pecans and add oatmeal and remaining ingredients besides margarine, pulse to combine, do not run continuously. Melt margarine and pour on top and stir together. Sprinkle onto apples. Cover in foil and bake 10 min then remove foil and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside 10 min before eating. Can easily be doubled or quadrupled.

--------------------

You just gave me an idea for use of my new fav kitchen gadget. new
      #212495 - 09/11/05 09:11 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

This sounds fabulous..I'm a big fan of Apple Crisp, but have had to give it up if eating out because it always has wheat flour in with the apples or topping or both. (I have to eat GF)...
Well, this one place we eat out at has Apple Crisp to die for and the apples are cut up in little tiny cubes...
When you mentioned to slice the apples very, very thin it set off a spark in the old brain...instead of slicing use my absolutely favorite new chopper that I've been using to chop everything lately....even celery for salads or soups. This would work great for the apples and keep them in small diced pieces... like the restaurant...
Thanks Tamara..let us know when you finally get the topping just right...
Kandee

--------------------

Oooooh...I may have to get one of those! ~nt~ new
      #212537 - 09/12/05 06:25 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3285

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review