Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Must(MUST!) try Italian Potato Salad
      #210465 - 09/01/05 12:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!
This is an absolutely FAVOURITE recipe of mine. My sister was coming over for a BBQ and she said she was bringing potato salad so as I imagined potatoe-y,eggy-,mayonais-y badness, I was like, "Oh great, something else I can't eat.." but this is what she brought, and I fell IN LOVE!

Trouble is, she didn't write down amounts for me so I am not sure.. She either said you use one part oil to two parts vinegar, or the other way around!! If anyone knows which, I'd appreciate it...

Italian Potato Salad

Ingredients:
New Potatoes
1 Bunch Parsley
2 cloves Garlic
Red Wine Vinegar
Oil (She used vegetable oil, but I can't see why olive oil or grapeseed oil or something wouldn't work..)
Salt and Pepper

1. Boil New Potatoes until done (Cut larger ones in 1/2)
2. Put cooked potatoes aside until they are TOTALLY cool. If they aren't completely cooled, they will fall apart and get mushy.
3. Cut potatoes into chunks
4. Pour oil onto potatoes (the oil will soak into the potatoes, so have some handy if you need to add more later)
5. Pour on red wine vinegar
6. Put parsley and garlic into food processor until super fine and then add to potato mixture.
8. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.

She has put a note saying: Just keep tasting until you like it! Best if made the night before.

Just wanted to share because I LOVED it, had no problems with it and can't wait to have it again.

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ReSounds yummy! If you like this.... new
      #210480 - 09/01/05 03:45 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Try Steather's tex mex potato salad. web page

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Must(MUST!) try Italian Potato Salad new
      #210646 - 09/02/05 09:02 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Trouble is, she didn't write down amounts for me so I am not sure.. She either said you use one part oil to two parts vinegar, or the other way around!! If anyone knows which, I'd appreciate it...

This sounds yummy. Traditional oil and vinegar dressing is 2 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. As Peg Bracken says, reverse them and the result would pickle herring.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review