-3/4 cup vegan sugar
-1 organic banana, cut in 4 chunks
-2 cups/unbleached organic white flour
-2 TSP/baking powder
-1/4 TSP/sea salt
-1/2 cup vegan soymilk
-1 TSP/organic vanilla extract
-2 cups/fresh or froz organic strawberries, chopped
cream together margarine, applesauce and vegan sugar in a food processor until light and fluffy. add the banana-chunks, and continue to cream until well blended. rinse and dry the processor bowl and add in the flour, baking powder and salt. sift together for 1 minute. in a seperate dish combine soymilk with the vanilla extract and beat lightly w/a small fork. alternate adding wet and dry mixtures to creamed mixture of applesauce, margarine and banana. once all ingredients have been added, slowly fold in the strawberries, careful not to break them. lightly oil 2 mini-muffin trays and line with muffin liners. you may wish to add light oil to the liners to make sure the muffins dont stick when theyre done baking. fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full and bake on middle rack at 375F for 25 minutes or until light golden-brown.

i also added 2 TSP of organic flaxseed meal and they tasted so good!! my mom used to make me strawberry muffins by pillsberry but they stopped carrying the package. so yesterday i got creative!! try them im sure they'll turn out great!! you will have extra batter, if you dont want to make 36 mini-muffins but you can just bag it up and freeze it! good luck

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *VEGAN-ORGANIC STRAWBERRY MUFFINS* new
      #207434 - 08/22/05 10:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

these sound yummy!

Exactly how many Tablespoons is 2 oz of butter and what is a safe non-hydrogated brand to use?

Did you mean to say you used 2 teaspoons or 2 Tablespoons of flax meal in this recipe? I am looking for a vegan brand flax meal brand...which did you use?

I wonder how to incorporate this into regular size muffins, since I don't have a mini muffin pan. Any suggestions on adjusting baking time, temperature, and how many it might make?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review