All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
hoisinful pizza
      #206584 - 08/18/05 04:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have posted this before, but here is the precise recipe and a photo. I entered it in a recipe contest today. the winner receives an I Pod.
1 13.8 oz. can refrigerated pizza dough such as Pillsbury
1/2 cup Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup (or 4oz) chopped scallions (green onions)
1 8oz package presliced mushrooms, cremini(baby portabello) or regular button
12 oz (or 3 cups) cooked chicken breast in bite size pieces(can use leftover chicken or frozen chicken strips such as Tyson, slightly thawed and broken into smaller pieces)
4 cups (or about 4oz) coarsely chopped baby spinach (about 1/3 10 oz bag)
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400. Place pizza dough on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and spread to edges. Mix hoisin sauce and garlic and spread on crust. Sprinkle scallions, mushrooms, chicken and spinach, in that order, onto pizza crust. Sprinkle on salt evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cooked through. Cut into 12 rectangular pieces. Serves 4 to 6 people.

[image][/image]

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow!! Looks scrumptious! -nt- new
      #206701 - 08/19/05 07:53 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Wow!! Looks scrumptious! new
      #206808 - 08/19/05 02:17 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

OMG I LOVE Hoisin sauce, spinch, chicken and mushrooms.
I'm drooling !!!

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: hoisinful pizza new
      #206861 - 08/19/05 06:42 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Sorry, I'm a little ignorant. May I inquire what "Hoisin Sauce" tastes like? Is it HIGH SODIUM? I'm on a quest for new high sodium condiments and being ignorant of most processed foods, I'm just learning about these condiments!!! I just discovered fish sauce and chili garlic sauce (I love them both!!!), green and yellow Thai curry pastes and mushroom soy sauce as well as worcesterchire sauce!

Thanks,
Kate.

and how do you pronounce "hoisin"? -nt- new
      #206865 - 08/19/05 07:30 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

hoisin sauce new
      #206876 - 08/19/05 08:05 PM
Little Minnie

It has 460 mg sodium per serving. It tastes sweet and sort of thick, like an Asian BBQ sauce. I think it is the best! It is not like soy sauce or fish sauce at all. I guess more like teriyaki or miso. It is very pallatable to everybody. I can't imagine someone not liking it (or peanut sauce for that matter!).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

hoy' sin -nt new
      #206877 - 08/19/05 08:06 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

#206888 - 08/19/05 09:25 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh yum! that looks really good!

I think I'm going to try this really soon.

what recipe contest did you enter it in?

--------------------

#206923 - 08/20/05 05:39 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

That looks delicious! I'd have to reduce the recipe, though. The husband wouldn't go near it and I'm not sure I could eat it all in a couple days.

#207042 - 08/20/05 04:25 PM
Little Minnie

It was the Lee Kum Kee recipe contest for oyster and hoisin sauce. I already had this one made up and so I didn't have to think very hard. I would win an I Pod if I win.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review