All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
No-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies
      #205265 - 08/13/05 02:35 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

This is a modified version of cookies we made all the time when we were kids. Since the oats are uncooked, eat these after your safe SF. I eat them after I've had dinner and I've always been fine.

1/2 C vanilla or plain rice/soy milk (vanilla rice seems to taste best to me)
1 C + 2 T sugar
1/4 C corn syrup (Karo dark is the only kind I've been able to find that does not have HFCS)
4 T cocoa powder
3 T reduced-fat peanut butter
2 t vanilla
4 c uncooked quick oats

Bring milk, sugar, syrup, and cocoa powder to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in PB and vanilla; pour over oats and mix well. Drop by teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheets and store in refrigerator.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies new
      #205454 - 08/14/05 06:14 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Just made these today! They are yummy and satisfy my sweet tooth with just one because they are rich! Thanks for a great and simple recipe!!

Ooh! new
      #205531 - 08/15/05 07:27 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ooh! These look similar to a much fattier recipe I used to enjoy. I can't wait to make them!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Oh, these are good! new
      #273197 - 07/09/06 01:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

They're not as firm as the no-bakes we're used to, so I don't know if Adam will like them, but *I* sure do... heh.

I did find that the mixture was pretty dry and crumbly, so instead of dropping, I used wet hands and shaped them into cookies. Next time, I think I might decrease the oatmeal a little. I don't know if it's the elevation here or what, but pretty much every recipe I try turns out dry - I have to add water to all of the quick bread recipes, for example.

Anyway. Great recipe redo!

Re: Oh, these are good! new
      #275368 - 07/23/06 06:42 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I'm glad you liked them. They are definitely a lot stickier than the original, but I figure that's a small price to pay.

One thing ... the calories from fat in the recipe is 14%. If you omit the corn syrup and use 1/4 C melted margarine, it bumps it up to 27%, which is pretty acceptable for a dessert and should make it firmer and less sticky. Using 1/4 C oil makes it 29%.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review