All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Traditional English Summer Pudding with cream!
      #193552 - 07/09/05 05:27 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Saw this recipe on the back of my frozen summer fruits and guess what its ibs friendly...well if you use a soy cream/cool whip to serve instead of clotted cream!

Enjoy....

10/12 slices white bread
2 x 500g packages summer fruits(bought frozen but defrosted)
1 pack (250g)rasberries
10g soy marg/butter....Cant believe its not butter or oil spray could be used instead, its only to grease the pan
50g icing sugar
100g caster sugar(more finely ground than regular granulated sugar althought that could be used

1. Defrost summer fruits and strain juices into a saucepan. Add caster sugar and 150ml water to juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins(This is the summer fruit syrup)

2. Lightly grease a pudding basin with buteer/or spray with oil

3. Defrost rasberries place into liquidiser with icing sugar, blend into a puree

4. Dip each slice of bread into summer fruit syrup and line the pudding basin ensuring no gaps between the slices. Keep several slices back for top layer

5. Spoon 1/3 rasberry puree into the basin top with half the fruits, pressing down lightly - repeat, then top with the final 1/3 rasberry puree

6. Dip remaining bread in summer fruit syrup and place on top

7. Cover with cling film and place a plate with a weight on top. Refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours.

8. Turn out the summer pudding onto a serving plate and serve with the cream.

Any remaining fruit can be used to decorate.

Mmmmmmm just typing that made me hungry!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

pudding basin new
      #193613 - 07/09/05 10:54 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

What sort of dish is a pudding basin? Isn't it kind of round like a bowl?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Yea.... new
      #193748 - 07/10/05 03:59 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Just your ordinary round bowl really, I think we usually use glass ones, then when you grease it it tips out easily! Let me know if you make this and how it turns out....am going to try it myself soon

--------------------
Natalie

yummy yummy yummy! new
      #199546 - 07/26/05 02:36 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I LOVE summer pudding!!!

--------------------
S.

cool whip question new
      #199770 - 07/27/05 06:58 AM
caths

Reged: 07/14/05
Loc: TX and MA

this looks yummy! but one thing...so is cool whip safe?? i know it's non-dairy but i was still skeptical... if it is, YAY! cuz i love cool whip!

--------------------
.:IBS.:.C:...:pain.bloating.gas:.

Re: cool whip question new
      #199777 - 07/27/05 07:12 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I believe it is one of those safe for some but not for other foods (if you can call cool whip a food). It does have some small amount of dairy in it. It is not a problem for me personally.

#200054 - 07/27/05 12:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cool whip is the one bad food I cheat on regularly. It has HFCS. I don't think it has dairy or it is very tiny amount but the HFCS is a problem. I cannot find an alternative without HFCS so I eat cool whip anyway. I eat the lite one.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#200151 - 07/27/05 05:24 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm pretty sure it has casein in it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5302

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review