All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
blueberry pudding cake from Gourmet (sort of like a betty)
      #191324 - 07/03/05 07:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just made this and it was scrumptious!

1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
10 oz blueberries (2 cups)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg I used 2 egg whites. I was all out of eggs and had to defrost some in a freezer cont. I might have used a little more than 2 whites therefore.
1/2 cup whole milk I used vanilla soymilk and omitted the vanilla extract.
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly I used about 1/2 stick safe margarine and the rest applesauce. I mixed the applesauce into the marg to cool it and then mixed that into the milk and eggs.
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
Stir together 1/3 cup sugar with water, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a small saucepan, then stir in blueberries. Bring to a simmer, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a medium bowl.

Whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl, then add flour mixture, whisking until just combined.

Spoon batter into baking pan, spreading evenly, then pour blueberry mixture evenly over batter (berries will sink). Bake until a knife inserted into center of cake portion comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes.

Cooks' note:
Cake can be made 1 day ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then kept, wrapped well in foil, at room temperature.

Makes 6 to 8 breakfast or dessert servings.
This cake was super easy to make and fast! I was happy to have vanilla soy ice cream in the freezer.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1014

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review