All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
For those having trouble getting their protein in
      #18576 - 08/26/03 06:17 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I have this shake every morning for b'fast around 8-8:30 or so. By eating the liquid meal, it seems to help my digestion as well as kick-start my metabolism. I feel better and eat better if I have some sort of nutritional meal in my tummy as opposed to skipping b'fast. It does not seem to bother my tummy, but we are all different. I usually follow this up with a 10 a.m. snack of all carbs (french bread slice or 2c Crispix)

1 scoop GNC soy based protein powder (or any other fave kind)
1T hershey's cocoa powder
1T soy milk powder
2t sugar
8oz water and about six ice cubes

Blend together. Good stuff.

--------------------
~jules

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey, I make something just like this, but with a banana! -nt- new
      #18612 - 08/26/03 11:30 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

how well they stay set up and cold? new
      #135417 - 01/05/05 02:08 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I've been really dizzy in my weight class and the instructor suggested that I eat something an hour before but does not think that a Luna bar is enough....

SO........

Do you know how well they stay set up and cold? Do you think I could make it at 6AM and keeping it in a thermos that is stored in the refrigerator at work until 5PM for the drive home before I go to my weight class at the gym at 6:30PM? Any tips on this?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: how well they stay set up and cold? new
      #135437 - 01/05/05 02:46 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

What if you brought the powder mixture and add the water when your ready? Would that work or is getting cold water difficult? I've never tried this but it was just something that came to mind ready you post.

#135443 - 01/05/05 03:17 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Does your refridgerator have a freezer? Maybe you can keep a tray of ice cubes in your freezer and just add them to the mixture at work when you're ready to go! That way it'll be cold.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#135456 - 01/05/05 04:08 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What if you brought the powder mixture and add the water when your ready? Would that work or is getting cold water difficult? I've never tried this but it was just something that came to mind ready you post.

Then I would not have a blender

--------------------

#135460 - 01/05/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Does your refridgerator have a freezer? yes, it does... Maybe you can keep a tray of ice cubes in your freezer and just add them to the mixture at work when you're ready to go! now that I think of it... I can get cubes or crushed from the refrigerator door anytime I need it. That way it'll be cold.

But the real question is...would it keep like a shake (smoothie) or be all runny by that time?

--------------------

#135477 - 01/05/05 04:44 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Quote:

Does your refridgerator have a freezer? yes, it does... Maybe you can keep a tray of ice cubes in your freezer and just add them to the mixture at work when you're ready to go! now that I think of it... I can get cubes or crushed from the refrigerator door anytime I need it. That way it'll be cold.

But the real question is...would it keep like a shake (smoothie) or be all runny by that time?

Hmm.. sounds to me like someone needs to conduct an experiment! All I can think of is get those insulated cups! And if that doesn't do the trick, stick it in a portable cooler. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#135570 - 01/06/05 06:29 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I realized that after I posted. I didn't read all the instructions so I didn't see it needed to be blended lol.

Shell- unrelated suggestions new
      #135715 - 01/06/05 10:59 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I get the same dizziness doing cardio and weight lifting, so I was told to eat an hour before, also. I usually eat a banana and wheat thins. The banana itself wasn't enough. They are also protable so you can take them with you if you are going somewhere before the gym. I was also told it may be better to eat 1/2 hour before gym time, but that kinda worries me IBS wise so I eat and hour before.
pretzels may be ok instead of wheat thins if they are harsh on your tummy, but I eat the reduced fat ones and have had no problems, even without SF.
I was also reccommended that cranberry juice could be good, too.

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review