Loc: Minnesota

2 mangos cubed
2 papayas cubed
1/2 lime to squeeze over top of above
1 small cont. raspberries
mango sorbet
raspberry sorbet
lite cool whip

scoop one scoop each sorbet into dessert bowls. Spoon mangoes and papayas around it. Place raspberries around the sorbet and top sorbet with cool whip and a raspberry.
(optional: 1 scoop vanilla "ice cream" could go with the 2 sorbets)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (05/25/05 02:08 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: simple summer dessert new
      #180875 - 05/24/05 05:46 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yum - if summer ever comes back (50 degrees and raining this morning), I'll have to try this.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

note I meant cubed and not diced -nt new
      #181215 - 05/25/05 02:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: simple summer dessert new
      #181499 - 05/26/05 10:37 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

YUM! that sounds good i *love* papayas and mangoes and we've found a great vanilla "ice cream" that would work quite nicely ill save that for a day when my ibs has been good!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Yum! And one of my favorites... new
      #181610 - 05/27/05 10:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That sounds REALLY good. It reminded me of something I used to eat a lot (and no doubt will again this summer, now that we have a grill!)

Take peaches, peel them, cut them in half, pop out the pit. Throw them in a baggie with a bit of vanilla and a little honey/sugar/brown sugar/whatever. Toss them around. Place them in foil, roll into a packet, and grill until softened, then serve with vanilla "ice cream" of choice.

One of my favorite summer bbq side dishes, even simpler than that, is to just grill halved peaches, sliced pineapple, and chunked mango put on skewers. I suppose that could be dessert too, if you were careful not to grill it on the meaty side of the grill - LOL! Sprinkle with a little sugar when they're done, and serve with "ice cream". Or eat with chicken. Yum.

Re: Yum! And one of my favorites... new
      #181635 - 05/27/05 12:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Yes grilled fruit sounds like something I need to do this summer. Gourmet had a recipe for a coconut cake that you grill and serve with pineapple. It said to clean the grill really well. The cake was too fatty but I liked the idea.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4945

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review