All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quick & easy oatmeal "pancakes"
      #179998 - 05/19/05 05:39 AM
Ghost

Reged: 04/24/05

Dear all,

I thought I would post this little quick-fix recipe that I have found to be a great way to eat oatmeal; it is also a good alternative to bread for those of us avoiding yeast and high sources of gluten (i.e., wheats).

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oat flour*
1/2 cup water (or use juice, etc. for some different flavors)
spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg) if you wish

Directions:

Mix the liquid and oat flour; it helps to let the batter sit for 30 min. or more, but this is not necessary. Warm a non-stick frying pan on med-high heat for a minute or so and pour in the batter, spreading evenly. Let it cook until firm enough to turn over without breaking, about 5 min. or so; it should come up easily on your spatula. Turn and continue cooking on both sides until brown as you like it.

The inside will still be somewhat mushy, but it is very good that way. You can eat it like a pancake, with maple syrup or jam, or you can use it like a flatbread if you cut it in half--for pbj and other things (I sometimes like to mush up sweet potatoes and use those!). One reason I like making these is that sometimes oatmeal can stick a bit too much in my tummy and cause bloating, etc., but eating it this way does not do so--esp. as a between-meal snack.

*You can buy oat flour, but if you are like me and want to save money, just grind up oatmeal in your blender until fine. It only takes a few minutes. 1/2 cup oat flour is equal to a little less than 2/3 cup oatmeal in terms of calories and so on.

Enjoy!

Be well.
-Justin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quick & easy oatmeal "pancakes" new
      #180063 - 05/19/05 09:14 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Gee... this does look quick & easy.... just might have to try this for a Sunday breakfast!! THANKS!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Quick & easy oatmeal "pancakes" new
      #310346 - 07/03/07 06:57 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

These sound great and i would like to give them a shot, but has anyone tried adding coco power to make chocolate oatmeal pancakes. If so how much coco would it need?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review