All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sausage and mushroom strata
      #166998 - 04/04/05 04:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

This should be easy to adapt. It is easy to make and yummy. I was asked for the recipe at my brunch a few times.

Sausage and Mushroom Strata

Both of these stratas are prepared the night before so you can just pop them in the oven in the morning.

8 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage 2 links
1 cup chopped onion
1 (16-ounce) package presliced mushrooms 2 packages
2 cups 1% low-fat milk rice milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 large eggs egg beaters
12 ounces day-old Italian or French bread, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, divided I used 10 slices Italian peasant bread
Cooking spray
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided soy or whatever. Maybe not needed.

Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned; stir to crumble. Remove from pan. Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender and moisture evaporates. Remove from heat. Add sausage; stir to combine.
Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Arrange half of bread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon half of sausage mixture evenly over bread; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spoon remaining sausage mixture over bread; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Cover and chill overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. 45 min maybe.

Yield: 8 servings

CALORIES 279 (31% from fat); FAT 9.6g (satfat 3.3g, monofat 3.2g, polyfat 1.7g); PROTEIN 18.8g; CARBOHYDRATE 29.6g; FIBER 2.3g; CHOLESTEROL 163mg; IRON 2.1mg; SODIUM 777mg; CALCIUM 188mg;
Cooking Light, JANUARY 2005

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review