All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Vegan Lasagna
      #166725 - 04/04/05 12:51 AM
SharonDCA

Reged: 08/01/04
Loc: Kern County, Calif.

This is my first try at sharing a recipe. I tried this on my picky family and they all loved it, much to my surprise!

Vegan Lasagna

Sauce:

1 14-oz Pkg of ToFurky* Sweet Italian Sausages (4 links)
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1 Tablespoon whole basil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups canned tomatoes (I used 1 large can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree)
2 6-oz. cans tomato paste

Cut sausages in half down the length of them and then slice across. Brown slowly in large skillet. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer at least 30 minutes.

10-oz eggless or 'No Yolks' wide noodles
2 10-oz Pkgs frozen spinach

Cook noodles in large amount of boiling, salted water until al dente (tender). Drain and rinse.
Squeeze the spinach as dry as possible and set aside.

'Spinach-Cheese sauce'

2 12-oz blocks firm Tofu
1 Tbl. sugar
1/4 cup soy or rice milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tablspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon Tuscany Blend bread dipping spice (I used Dean Jacobs brand)

Place all the above ingredients for the 'spinach-cheese sauce' in the blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the spinach.

Place half of the noodles in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish sprayed lightly with olive oil. Spread half of the 'spinach-cheese filling' over the noodles and cover that with about half of the sausage-tomato sauce. Repeat layers. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.

I have used all different veggies in the place of or in addition to the spinach. Just depending on what I might have on hand or in the garden. You can also use Soy Parmesan sprinkled over the spinach-cheese sauce before you add the sausage-tomato sauce.

The Tuscany Blend dipping seasonings consists of a blend of: Salt, corn syrup solids, garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes, bell peppers, parsley & olive oil.

*ToFurky Sweet Italian Sausages are a meatless product of Turtle Island Foods. More info is available at www.tofurky.com

I hope others enjoy this, too. I'm certainly always looking for more Vegan recipes for my family.
Sharon

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1261

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review