Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
potassium rich fruit salad
      #165624 - 03/31/05 05:43 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Fruit Salad with Citrus-Mint Dressing

Serve this potassium-packed fruit salad (662 milligrams per serving) with breakfast or as a light dessert. Use a mini chopper to combine the dressing ingredients--it's the ideal size to blend the small amount of dressing for the salad.

6 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
2 cups (1 1/2-inch) cubes honeydew
2 cups (1 1/2-inch) cubes cantaloupe
1 medium papaya, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons mint
1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange peel
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice

Combine kiwifruit, honeydew, cantaloupe, and papaya in a medium bowl.
Place sugar and remaining ingredients in a mini chopper food processor; pulse until mint is finely chopped. Pour sugar mixture over fruit, and stir gently to coat.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)

CALORIES 120 (6% from fat); FAT 0.8g (satfat 0.1g, monofat 0.0g, polyfat 0.1g); PROTEIN 2.2g; CARBOHYDRATE 29.4g; FIBER 3.5g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; IRON 0.9mg; SODIUM 21mg; CALCIUM 55mg;
Cooking Light, APRIL 2005

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: potassium rich fruit salad new
      #248001 - 02/23/06 04:43 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Would this be okay if it had to sit in the fridge for about 24 hours before it was served? I was assigned fruit salad for a potluck Saturday, but I have to work pretty much all day Saturday. I may have an hour or two between work stuff, but if I can make it Friday night, that would be best.

LM might have a better idea, but how about... new
      #248092 - 02/23/06 10:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...making the salad and dressing ahead of time, but keeping them separate, and then combining them at the last minute? Seems like it would taste fresher that way, at least to me, and it wouldn't be much to fuss with at work.

Re: LM might have a better idea, but how about... new
      #248207 - 02/23/06 05:13 PM
Little Minnie

I would not cut the kiwi or papaya ahead but the melon would be fine. I think fruit salads are best at room temperature. But I would be suspicious of making it this time of year when summer fruits are so poor.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

MN new
      #250270 - 03/06/06 12:46 PM
mrsbunker

Reged: 01/29/06

Tamera
Just wondering where you live in MN. I'm from MN also. You probably don't want to reveal that online though. I guess I'm not sure I want to either. I was just excited to see someone from MN! Have you tried the fruit salad at all?

--------------------
Judy

Re: MN new
      #250317 - 03/06/06 05:10 PM
Little Minnie

I live 45 minutes NW of Minneapolis in a small town. It is 30 min from St Cloud.

I can't remember.

--------------------

Re: MN new
      #250325 - 03/06/06 06:18 PM
mrsbunker

I live 1 hour from Fargo, ND about 4 hours from MPS/St Paul

--------------------
Judy

Hi neighbor! new
      #250380 - 03/07/06 06:24 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

Just saying hi! I live in Fargo.

Kristi

Re: Kristi, Hi neighbor! new
      #250406 - 03/07/06 08:16 AM
mrsbunker

Hi Kristi!
I live just an hour away from you in Fergus Falls! Maybe we'll have to get together and discuss our IBS sometime! Interesting, HUH!

--------------------
Judy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review