Pages: 1
Baked Apple Meringues with Orange-soaked Raisins
      #161070 - 03/16/05 10:08 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Baked Apple Meringues with Orange-soaked Raisins
From Delia Smith online

i cannot wait to try this- if someone else does first please tell me if its as good as it sounds!
Serves 4

2 medium Bramley apples, washed and cored (no need to peel)
4 large egg whites
grated zest and juice 1 orange
4 oz (110 g) raisins
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
a little butter for greasing use canola oil or butter spray

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C).

First mix the raisins and the orange zest and juice in a bowl and then leave them to soak for about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut each apple in half horizontally, arrange the halves on the baking tray and pop them on to the centre shelf of the oven for 30 minutes. After that, slide the shelf half out, spoon the soaked raisins over each apple half and bake for another 15 minutes.

Towards the end of that time, place the egg whites into a grease-free bow and, using an electric hand whisk, whisk them until they form soft peaks that just tip over when you lift the whisk. Then whisk in, bit by bit, all but a teaspoon of the sugar. Now pile up the fluffy egg white on top of each baked apple, sprinkle with the remaining sweetener, and return them to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the egg white has just set and is tinged golden brown.

Per serving: 113 kcal, FAT 0.2g, SATURATES 0g, PROTEIN 3.7g, CARBOHYDRATE 25.8g. this was using sweetener instead of sugar so you should adjust accordingly

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review