All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Oooh! I feel like I'm cheating and I'm not!
      #160522 - 03/14/05 04:05 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I just had to share this. I just finished taking some marionberry fruit spread (that I got on my fab trip to Seattle - had never heard of a marionberry before then), and heating it for about 20 sec in the microvave (I checked it and stirred after 10 sec), put a little bit of vanilla soy ice cream on that, and sprinkled the top with crumbled graham cracker. Yum! It reminds me of warm blueberry pie with ice cream! I'm calling it mock hot marionberry (or flavor of choice) pie!

Of course I did not have this on an empty stomach and not too much ice cream - it's not the safest in the fat category, but fine after dinner!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oooh! I feel like I'm cheating and I'm not! new
      #160524 - 03/14/05 04:08 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Marionberry? I've never heard of that either! Your desert sounds scrumptious, though!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#160528 - 03/14/05 04:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OMG..... Shane's Mom makes Marionberry Pie at Christmas.... OOhhhh...... I bet yours was just yummy!! Where did you buy it??

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#160532 - 03/14/05 04:29 PM
*Melissa*

Kree - it is to die for!! I tried it when I went to Seattle last month. We went to breakfast and they actually had little packets of it out with all the other jelly stuff. I tried it and was hooked! My aunt said it is kind of like a wild blueberry. Yummy!!!

And, the dessert was scrumptious! The idea just hit me and I had a dessert in less than 5 min after I came up with the idea! LOL Don't ya just love when that happens!

#160533 - 03/14/05 04:32 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

OMG..... Shane's Mom makes Marionberry Pie at Christmas.... OOhhhh...... I bet yours was just yummy!! Where did you buy it??

Marionberry Pie....that sounds soooo good!!! I got it at Pike Place Market, the guy that has all the sticks out to taste them all. It says Woodring's on the jar. I got that and Lavendar Jelly.

#160538 - 03/14/05 04:44 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Marionberry Pie....that sounds soooo good!!! I got it at Pike Place Market, the guy that has all the sticks out to taste them all. It says Woodring's on the jar. I got that and Lavendar Jelly.

Wonderfull!! I just called Woodring Orchards #206-340-2705, they don't have a website but will ship all over the country if anyone wants to call and order some. They will also be at some of the local farmers markets this spring-summer.... there will be one in West Seattle that I can go to as well!

--------------------

#160547 - 03/14/05 04:56 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wonderfull!! I just called Woodring Orchards #206-340-2705, they don't have a website but will ship all over the country if anyone wants to call and order some. They will also be at some of the local farmers markets this spring-summer.... there will be one in West Seattle that I can go to as well!

They will also send you a brochure. I just got mine in the mail last week.

#160565 - 03/14/05 05:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Marionberries sound cool. There are so many types of berries! I make homemade strawberry jam and put it on ice "cream". I make it runny and without gelatin and it is a great topping. I will have to try the graham crackers!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Okay... I'm on the lookout for marionberries now! -nt- new
      #160575 - 03/14/05 06:16 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

What Does Marionberries Mean? new
      #160697 - 03/15/05 08:58 AM
Shell Marr

Marionberries = Berries Grown in and named after Marion County, Oregon. Here is a website with ALL kinds of info, including recipes & online ordering www.marionberries.com

That is why Shane's Mom always makes it at Christmas... she lives in Oregon!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7073

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review