All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
"Creamy" Bean and Vegetable Soup (vegan)
      #157345 - 03/05/05 05:14 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Serves 4-6 (with LOTS of leftovers).

4 cups vegetable broth

1 1/3 cup potatoes, cooked peeled and coarsely mashed with a fork (about 4 large potatoes)

2 12oz cans mixed beans (3 cups) drained and rinsed (anything with kidney beans - chick peas, navy beans and great northern beans are also good)

1 cup cooked frozen mixed vegetables, such as carrots, peas, green beans, etc. (could also use canned)

1 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

black pepper (to taste)

2-4 tbsp Acacia (optional)

Mix the beans and vegetables in a large bowl with the spices until everything is coated. Set aside.

Mix the Acacia into the broth (if desired) then put the broth and potatoes in the blender and mix together on medium speed until the mixture appears liquid.

Add the bean and vegetable mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer into a pot and heat through. Serve with a sprig of fresh parsley and fresh french bread. Yum!

This recipe doubles/triples/halves easily and freezes really well.

There is no way my blender would be big enough to do all this at once - I halved the recipe and did it in 2 batches, transferring the soup to a pot on the stove as I went. It says it serves 4-6 but that would be very large servings with lots of leftovers. Like I said I halved it and there was lots for lunch the next day. I experimented a little with adding Acacia - it works best if you add it to the broth first instead of to the soup once its all made (that way it dissolves completely). I guess you could use Benefiber here too!

This soup was sooo good, so creamy tasting and with no dairy or even soy milk. We'll definitely have it again!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: "Creamy" Bean and Vegetable Soup (vegan) new
      #158197 - 03/08/05 08:35 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

That sounds so good- I'll definitely be making that!

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review