1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup soft tofu
1 cup soy milk
1/3 cup soy Parmesan, plus extra for the table
Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1 lb. fettuccine noodles
2 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley

Instructions:
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onions, cover, and cook until very soft, about 7 or 8 minutes.
In a food processor, finely grind the cashews, then add the onions and process to a paste. Add the tofu and soy milk and process until well blended.

Transfer the mixture to a saucepan, stir in the grated soy cheese and salt and pepper, and keep warm over very low heat.

Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until it is al dente, about 3 to 4 minutes for fresh pasta or about 10 minutes for dried. Drain the fettuccine and place in a shallow serving bowl. Add the sauce and toss to combine. Divide the pasta among individual plates or keep it in the serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley. Pass additional soy cheese at the table.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fettuccine Alfredo new
      #148542 - 02/10/05 08:54 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Thanks Shell for posting this. I am going try it because I am terrified of regular Fettucine Alfredo. I can remember one of my worst attacks was when I was 20 and at a conference. I ate it and had the worst D ever!! I really liked the cream sauces but they have always been a no- no !

Re: Fettuccine Alfredo new
      #148696 - 02/10/05 02:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yep me too Angela. Alfredo sauce is like suicide. I knew about it before I found the diet just from experience. If I had a last meal it would contain fettucini alfredo and coffee heath bar Haagen Dazs.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I agree! new
      #148741 - 02/10/05 04:42 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm with both of you. Alfredo sauce and ice cream are my two suicide foods. It's like asking to be in the worst pain I've ever experienced. No thanks.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: I agree! new
      #148748 - 02/10/05 04:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Right, and if you add to dairy: fat, chocolate and caffiene like in coffee heath bar haagen dazs ice cream bars I think it would be the worst! and yet I used to eat that! We always joke that that would be the worst combo.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I agree! new
      #148960 - 02/11/05 11:08 AM
joan in CT

Reged: 01/10/05
Loc: Fairfield County, Connecticut

Hi Everybody:
I have had IBS my whole life (OK I will admit to being the Mom of a 40 year old, but I was very young....) I was 18 and visiting colleges when I had my first attack. The next one was at college and the doctor called it spastic colon. Years later they started to call it IBS. Sometimes it goes away and you can eat almost normally and then, wham, out of nowhere you can be reduced to eating gruel, like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. No wonder he was so grumpy. Probably a fellow IBS sufferer. ANYWAY I don't mean to go on and on, but I am just starting Heather's books, advice etc and I would like to know if any of you have used fennel tea. I am just trying it. Peppermint works, but it does give you heartburn. How about fennel? By the way I love Fettucine Alfredo too, but it would kill me. Isn't it fabulous to have answers to all the questions about what foods are not our friend and what foods are as well as how to add foods back into your diet after coming off a bad attack? Who knew?

Also can you tell me how to get myself on your board with a picture and Bio like all of you? Thanks.

Joan in CT

Fennel will help heartburn, so it's a good option new
      #150436 - 02/15/05 02:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

if you can't use peppermint. To add your bio info, click on the "my home" link in the green menu bar at the top of the page. You can upload a picture there, too, or email Casey Atomic Rose) at ibsboard@gmail.com and send her your picture. She'll take care of everything. Just make sure to tell her your user name in the email so she knows which person to match with which picture!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Joan new
      #150654 - 02/16/05 06:03 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey there! I nearly missed your post...if you post all general IBS stuff on the "Eating For IBS" Board, more people will see it. This one's just for recipe stuff. The "Living Room" is for chatting and non-IBS stuff.

Fennel tea is FANTASTIC. I can't have peppermint (or ginger) either so I have fennel and chamomile, both of which are very helpful. I don't like the licorice-y taste of fennel so I mix it with lavender and chamomile...yummy and sooo good for my tum!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review