All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sausage, eggplant pizza
      #147049 - 02/05/05 05:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

2 Turkey store sausage links (they come in a package of 5- use hot or sweet)
1 eggplant, quartered lenghtwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
some mushrooms, sliced
1 package grape tomatoes, quartered
basil (dried is fine)
garlic
soy mozzarella
Pilsbury pizza dough
cornmeal

I will confess I had one of those breakdown moments when making this since I put the dough on a pizza peel with cornmeal and then it got all heavy and soggy from the toppings and it wouldn't come off. But in the end we got it off and onto a cookie sheet. The best way to go would be to arrange it on Parchment paper, but I was out. Otherwise arrange it on a cookie sheet. Of course cook it on a pizza stone if you have one! Pizza dough works best if you unroll it and let it sit for a while then stretch it and push it around. Make it as large as possible.

Ok take the eggplant and mix in 1 1/2 t salt and put in colander to drain for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Put the sausage in a small pan and cover and cook til done and then drain well and dab with paper towels. Shred the cheese. When the eggplant is done rinse and squeeze it some to dry it and either saute at high heat or broil. You can throw in the garlic and mushrooms if you saute. Meanwhile drain the tomatoes in the colander and mash them with a fork to get rid of the goo. Thinly slice the sausage and arrange everything on the pizza crust. Bake for 15 minutes or so and make sure the inside isn't gooey.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review