All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peanut Butter Chicken
      #145583 - 02/02/05 06:19 AM
beetle

Reged: 01/30/05

I make a dish called peanut butter chicken. My husband and children enjoy this.

Saute 1 pound of diced chicken in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, 2 handfuls of spagetti, 2 tablespoons of dried cilantro, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoons of hot sauce, 1 1/2 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of spicy mustard, 3 chicken boullion cubes, 1/2 cup white wine.

Place on medium heat until noodles are soft and sauce thickens.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peanut Butter Chicken new
      #145668 - 02/02/05 08:14 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Sounds yummy, but how many does it serve? It sounds like it would be too high in fat to be safe straight across the board, with that much peanut butter in it.

#145691 - 02/02/05 08:32 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

If you used a homemade peanut butter, made by plain unsalted peanuts, it wouldn't be as fatty as the storebought kind.

#146518 - 02/03/05 07:19 PM
beetle

Good point Atom Rose. I might try it with reduced fat peanut butter. I've never had any problems with this recipe because my main triggers are dairy and caffine.

I been attack free for 5 months now (YAY ME).

#146519 - 02/03/05 07:22 PM
beetle

I've never made home peanut butter before. Can you post or send me a recipe. Sounds delicious!

Blessings,
Bea

#146612 - 02/04/05 06:52 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Woohoo!! Congratulations! 5 months is quite an accomplishment... hope you can keep it up for another 5 months... and another... and well beyond that!

I often think of stuff like the fattiness of peanut butter because fat is my biggest trigger. I know that's the case with a lot of people here, and we'd just avoid eating a recipe like this, but I always worry about new folks seeing it and automatically thinking it's 100% safe just because it's posted here. Know what I mean? It sounds delicious, though! Wish I could eat it - I'm sure there will be quite a few people who aren't as fat-sensitive as me who will absolutely LOVE it!

here is a peanutty chicken noodle recipe new
      #146765 - 02/04/05 01:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Peanutty Noodles

This dish comes together quickly when one person prepares the sauce while another sautés the vegetables. Break the pasta in half before cooking to make serving easier. These noodles complement the pork perfectly, but they also become their own main dish when you add cooked shrimp or chicken.

2 carrots, peeled
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided use Pam instead
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter (such as Smucker's) use reduced fat skippy instead
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee) watch for HFCS
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray
2 cups red bell pepper strips
1 pound snow peas, trimmed
8 cups hot cooked linguine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
add some cubed chicken
Shave the carrots lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler, and set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and the next 5 ingredients (broth through salt); stir until well-blended. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and keep warm.

Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and snow peas; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Combine carrot, peanut butter mixture, bell pepper mixture, and linguine in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup) more like 6 servings as a maindish

CALORIES 296 (27% from fat); FAT 8.8g (satfat 1.7g, monofat 3.8g, polyfat 2.7g); PROTEIN 11.7g; CARBOHYDRATE 43.1g; FIBER 3.4g; CHOLESTEROL 1mg; IRON 3.6mg; SODIUM 400mg; CALCIUM 44mg;
Cooking Light, MAY 2000

I make this quite often with chicken. The PB will add 48 grams of fat total and the breasts will add a little (not sure how much) but with no oil and 6 servings that is in the zone. I think.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review