All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chicken Pot Pie
      #141838 - 01/24/05 08:29 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

This recipe comes from the Pillsbury website. I modified it a bit...

Instead of making 1 large pie - I put the filling into 4 individual custard style baking dishes. I used Pillsbury - low fat(?or reduced fat) crescent rolls as a crust. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes. Note: I should have baked longer as the rolls were a bit soggy on the bottom - any suggestions on another crust?? Anne

Crust
1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (did not use)

Filling
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth (fat free/ MSG free)
1/2 cup milk (soy)
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
2 cups Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
Preparation Directions:

1. Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan. (skipped)
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
3. Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into individual bowls. Top with crescent rolls. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
4. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (I used baking directions above)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken Pot Pie new
      #141842 - 01/24/05 08:46 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You can try this one.... from one of Heather's Newsletters

Chicken Pot Pie

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#196614 - 07/17/05 05:48 PM
Laurel M

Reged: 04/18/05
Loc: Texas

I have a question about the recipe from Heather: in the recipe it calls for 1/4 cup Powdered chicken or veggie broth. Is this the same as powdered chicken boullion granules (where 1 tsp=1 cup broth)? This just doesn't sound right, but I don't think I can find powdered chicken broth here. Can I just used regular canned broth, and if so, how much?

#196641 - 07/17/05 07:58 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't know the answer, but I've been wondering about that too.

I did use the recipe a couple of weeks ago. What I did was use about a quarter cup of broth made from Penzey's chicken soup base. The pie did not seem chicken-y enough though. Or the sauce, anyway. It was otherwise pretty tasty, though.

#196717 - 07/18/05 08:38 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

When I make Chicken Pot Pie I cook the chicken, potatoes and carrots in water and then use the water as the broth to make the sauce. I prefer this over canned and I also like the fresh veggies versus canned. I don't mind eating canned but I don't like the way they taste in the pot pie.

I used to use the Pilsbury pie crust and now I use reduced fat bisquick. Instead of butter I use Smart Balance and then soy milk instead of milk.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3587

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review