1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Corn Syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup Raisins

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl combine dry ingredients. Stir in egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla until well mixed. Add raisins (Batter will be stiff.) Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until firm. Do not overbake. Remove; cool on wire rack. Makes approximately 2-1/2 dozen.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ooh! new
      #139369 - 01/17/05 01:04 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

These look fantastic! Have you tried them?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Ooh! new
      #139371 - 01/17/05 01:07 PM
aerobabe

Reged: 01/17/05
Loc: Cromwell, CT

Not yet. But, I DID try your oatmeal cookie recipe this weekend! Needless to say, there are no cookies remaining.

oatmeal new
      #139437 - 01/17/05 06:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

doesn't oatmeal itself have fat in it? So how can oatmeal cookies by FF? I hope so though!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: oatmeal new
      #139442 - 01/17/05 06:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

doesn't oatmeal itself have fat in it? So how can oatmeal cookies by FF? I hope so though!!!

Your right..... Quaker Quick Oats have 3 grams fat per serving (1/2cup)... so I guess these cookies are Reduced Fat?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I would call them... new
      #139447 - 01/17/05 07:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...pretty darn close to fat-free. If you do the math... 1 cup of oatmeal in the ingredients is 6g of fat for the ENTIRE batch of cookies... all 2 1/2 dozen of them. That's 0.2g fat per cookie.

But if you want to get technical, I guess you could call them no-fat-added cookies. That's how fatfree.com allows things like banana bread (bananas, of course, have fat too).

OK new
      #139454 - 01/17/05 07:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

So 1 cup oatmeal is 6 grams. Sounds good. I wonder if I had the math right for my oatmeal cookies. BTW I put 1/3c chocolate chips in a double batch and find it is bothering me (along with eating a handful chips for dessert). But the Flavorite brand with just cocoa powder and no chocolate liquor doesn't bother me, just the Sam's choice chips do.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Ooh! new
      #139770 - 01/18/05 04:47 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them. By the way, I see that you're pretty new. Welcome to the boards! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and trying some of your recipes... especially this one!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Made these yesterday..... new
      #302013 - 03/11/07 01:18 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

they are SOOOO good!!! Hubby, stepson, and I (and even picky BIL) all liked these. I only came out with 2 doz (guess mine were a little bigger), and they are all gone already!! Hubby wants me to make more! lol

Re: Fat-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies new
      #302020 - 03/11/07 05:02 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

I wonder how they'd taste with honey or maple syrup if you chose not to use the corn syrup? They sound good though.
wlm

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 386 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review