link
2kg of roasting potatoes
8 medium parsnips
1 bulb of garlic
Small handful of rosemary
Small handful of thyme
Honey
Extra virgin olive oil

These potatoes are a superb with my Cheeky Christmas turkey with braised leeks and the best wine gravy recipe.

Method

Preheat your oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6.

Peel your potatoes and parsnips. Cut your parsnips in half and put to one side. Chop the potatoes up into kinda squash-ball-sized pieces. Place into a pot of cold, seasoned water, and bring to the boil. As soon as it begins to simmer, add your parsnips and par-cook for 5 minutes, then drain well. When they?ve steamed dry, put them into a large roasting tray and push the potatoes to one side and the parsnips to the other.

Bash your bulb of garlic and, leaving the skins on, sprinkle over the veg. Then, sprinkle the potatoes with the rosemary and the parsnips with the thyme and some honey. Then drizzle enough olive oil over to coat the veg lightly. Then, with your fingers, almost dress the parsnips in all the lovely flavour and keep to one side, and do the same for the potatoes.

Season well to taste, and place in the oven for around 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Feel free to cook earlier and reheat later; they?ll still taste fantastic.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Potatoes and parsnips a la Jamie Oliver new
      #137703 - 01/12/05 01:09 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I Don't know how big squash balls are.

Quote:

The following specification is the standard for a yellow dot ball to be used under the Rules of Squash.

Diameter (millimetres) 40.0 + or - 0.5

40 millimeters is equal to 1.574803 inches

Hope that helps! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Mmm... Jamie Oliver new
      #137706 - 01/12/05 01:11 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I mean... mmmm, recipe sounds great!

Re: Mmm... Jamie Oliver new
      #137713 - 01/12/05 01:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Mmm... Jamie Oliver....I mean... mmmm, recipe sounds great!

LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yes thanks! nt new
      #137721 - 01/12/05 01:38 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Mmm... Jamie Oliver new
      #137723 - 01/12/05 01:39 PM
Little Minnie

You don't have an Englishmen obsession like me do you?

--------------------

TALENT! new
      #137733 - 01/12/05 01:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ever notice Englishmen only play villians in Hollywood (apart from Colin Firth obviously)
What about IRISH talent?

The country that brought you Colin Farrell, Liam Neeson, Pierce Brosnan...mmmmmmmmmm Pierce Brosnan, that voice, those eyes, Remington Steele!

--------------------
S.

Re: TALENT! new
      #137748 - 01/12/05 02:04 PM
Little Minnie

But isn't it fun to like something you aren't? A lot of women like foreign men and vice versa. (hub likes Asian women). I have had a 4 year crush on Chris Martin- those eyes!
I guess if we are going to talk about men we should at least talk about men that cook- like Jamie Oliver again. J/K!

--------------------

Just a recommendation... new
      #137764 - 01/12/05 02:19 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..I was just trying to get you lot interested in my boys!

I swoon over Carter in ER; My BF (aww, well he does cook!) Brad Pitt (doesn't everyone??) funny I can't think of anyone else right now, isn't that odd

Sorry that Gwyneth stole your man Tamara!

--------------------
S.

Actually... new
      #137797 - 01/12/05 02:46 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm weird. I don't find Brad Pitt attractive *at all*.

But good grief, don't get me started on Orlando Bloom!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11798

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review