All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Mini Cinnamon Rolls
      #136867 - 01/10/05 11:03 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I tried Kree's Quick Sticky Buns and loved them, but they also made me crave something that was pretty much all cinnamon - but just as simple. So I took the basic idea from the Sticky Buns, slightly adapted the filling from Kelly Andersson's Cinnamon Rolls, and came up with these.

Quick Mini-Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 small rolls

Pam or other cooking spray
1/2c brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon cool water
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 (8 ounce) can reduced fat crescent rolls

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Spray each cup in a 12-cup cupcake pan with a little Pam.

3. In small bowl combine next 4 ingredients: 1/2c brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon cool water, and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon.

4. Unroll crescent roll dough; pinch seams together to form 1 rectangle.

5. Spread brown sugar mix over dough as evenly as possible, getting as close to the edges as possible. It's easiest if you use a knife - pretend it's peanut butter.

6. Roll up from short end.

7. Cut into 12 slices.

8. Place one slice in each muffin cup.

9. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.

10. Immediately move rolls to large plate. Mine don't just fall out - I'm light on the Pam - but they pop right out if you lift them with a spoon. Cool 10 minutes and eat. (You can eat them right away, just be careful not to burn your mouth.)

It's January in New Jersey, so I can just zip the left-overs into a plastic bag and they keep on the counter for 4-5 days (the rolls haven't lasted longer than that). In the summer, I'd keep them in the fridge. Although I haven't tried it, I imagine they'd freeze okay.

If you prefer, you could probably make 6 larger rolls the same way, just bump the cooking time a little - try 5 minutes to start.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls new
      #139985 - 01/19/05 12:47 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Made these over the weekend - so easy and delicious!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls - question new
      #140087 - 01/19/05 02:53 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Do the crecent rolls have any dairy or anything else unsafe in them? I've always thought of crecent (sp?) rolls to be BAD!

Re: Mini Cinnamon Rolls - question new
      #140098 - 01/19/05 03:24 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I used fat reduced crescent rolls - delicious and not too much fat - just as the posted recipe tells us

#140751 - 01/21/05 01:20 PM
Sand

I'm so excited. This is my first recipe post - I'm glad someone made and liked the rolls. Now I just have to get a picture (I'm working on it) and I'll really feel official!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#141470 - 01/23/05 08:31 AM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Thanks you for the recipe, I just bought fat reduced crescent rolls, and will try these this week. They sound great.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) new
      #141501 - 01/23/05 10:54 AM
Sand

Now that I've recovered from my giddiness over someone actually making - and liking - a recipe I posted (thank you, MCV), I wanted to address abby82's question about whether these are bad, partly because I should have done the fat math before I posted the recipe and partly because I, too, occasionally read a recipe on the Board and go, "But I thought we weren't supposed to eat that stuff." I'd also really appreciate it if someone with a little more experience with eating this way would check my logic and let me know if I'm thinking about this stuff correctly.

First, the Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls do NOT have any of the Heather triggers in the ingredient list: no dairy, no whole wheat, no caffeine, etc., etc.

However the undoctored rolls are too high in fat to be IBS-safe: 40% of their calories from fat. (I shudder to think what the percentage is for regular crescent rolls.) But I'm adding ingredients, so the percent of calories from fat will change. When the dust settles, the whole recipe has 1160 calories (800 from the rolls, 360 from the sugar), 320 from fat (all from the rolls). That's 28% of calories from fat which is a little higher than I'd like. Since I always eat either a 1/2 cup of applesauce or a banana before I eat anything else in the morning, the calories I add from that get the percent for breakfast as a whole into reasonable range (unless I eat all 12 of the rolls at one sitting!).

So the bottom line is that the Crescent Rolls themselves are bad because of their high fat content, but adding the extra sugar and some soluble fiber in the form of applesauce gets the fat percent of a breakfast of them into an IBS-safe range.

--------------------

Re: For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) new
      #141550 - 01/23/05 02:39 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

I had no trouble with these at all - my tummy handled them just fine!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: For abby82 - Triggers and Fat (Moderator double-check please) new
      #141631 - 01/23/05 05:35 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thanks for the post! I will definitely try these - Ive been craving cinnamon rolls for so long so these will definitely help!

Your calculations sound right on the money to me. Now I've got to try these rolls. -nt- new
      #142916 - 01/26/05 10:23 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8642

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review