All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pizza Sauce
      #1281 - 02/23/03 03:52 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello everyone. I am looking for a good Fat Free pizza sauce base that is white. I already have a red sauce, but not sure if the stress from the past 2 days made my stomach unsettled and stopped things or if it was the sauce. Hoping not the sauce, but just in case I am hoping one of you can suggest a sauce I can try instead.

Thanks again,

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pizza Sauce new
      #1488 - 02/26/03 02:59 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I wish I could help you out but all I have is a story to share...when I was a kid my parents would order a pizza from Purple Chopstix (in Athens, OH). Its sauce was white and, I suspect, tofu-based, and it was covered with a variety of vegies. I wish I could get a copy of that recipe--my mom actually had one at one point, but I don't know where it went--it would probably be just what you're looking for. Like I said, I'm sorry I can't be of more help--I'd like the recipe too!

Adaptation for you... new
      #1489 - 02/26/03 03:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - This is the sauce from the EFI recipe for Linguine with Creamy Wild Mushroom, Spinach, and Sherry Sauce. I would bet if you just adapt it by adding extra soy milk so it's thin enough to spread it would be delicious on pizza. You can sprinkle some vegan soy Parmesan on top (Whole Foods in the U District carries it, in the fridge soy cheese section, in a shaker jar, purple label). You could add some sauteed wild mushrooms and some finely shredded fresh or dried herbs...I am making myself hungry!

2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 Tablespoons white flour
2 2/3 Cups unsweetened soy/rice milk
2 Teaspoons whole grain mustard
2 Teaspoons dried marjoram
1 Cup cream sherry (adjust to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in a large deep skillet and sift the flour into the pan, then gradually add the milk, whisking or stirring constantly until thickened and boiling. Lower heat and simmer, and add mustard, marjoram, and sherry. Cook over low heat until flavors meld. Add more soy milk if it looks too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.

If you wanted to make this totally fat free, use a non stick skillet and spray well with cooking oil before heating and adding flour. Most (if not all) of the alcohol in the sherry will evaporate as the sauce cooks.

original linguine recipe

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Adaptation for you...THANK YOU HEATHER! new
      #1505 - 02/26/03 04:27 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Thank you for the yummy sounding recipe and will give it a go next time I make my pizza (probably next week or so) and will let you know how it turns out. I will be modifying it to the fat free version.

Looking forward to the next newsletter!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review