Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sugar cookies I was talking about
      #127684 - 12/04/04 07:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Christmas Sugar Wafers with Vanilla Icing

Freezing the dough before cutting makes these low-fat cookies crunchy.

Cookies:
6 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter safe margarine
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray

Vanilla icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons warm water
1 teaspoon light-colored corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt

Preheat oven to 375°.
To prepare cookies, place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt), stirring well with a whisk. Add to butter mixture; beat well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface (dough will be soft). Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion to an 8-inch circle between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Freeze dough 20 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.

Working with 1 portion of dough at a time (keep remaining dough in freezer), remove top sheet of plastic wrap. Cut dough with a 3-inch cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between each use; place cookies on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Discard bottom sheet of plastic wrap; reserve remaining dough scraps. Repeat procedure with remaining frozen dough.

Gently gather reserved dough into a ball; repeat rolling, freezing, and cutting procedure.

Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet; cool on a wire rack.

To prepare vanilla icing, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a fork until combined. Drizzle icing over the cookies, or spoon into a small zip-top plastic bag; cut a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and pipe designs onto cookies.

Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)

CALORIES 94 (22% from fat); FAT 2.3g (satfat 1.4g, monofat 0.6g, polyfat 0.3g); PROTEIN 0.1g; CARBOHYDRATE 17.9g; FIBER 0.3g; CHOLESTEROL 5.2mg; IRON 0.4mg; SODIUM 75mg; CALCIUM 5mg;
Cooking Light,

If you cut these to be snowflakes you can decorate them real pretty with the icing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sugar cookies I was talking about new
      #127689 - 12/04/04 08:08 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Minnie,
God,those look AWESOME,I gotta try and make those for Christmas using the Earth Balance spread!If you really CAN get crunchy cookies by freezing the dough before cutting it,wow!
Andrew L.

OMG! I just spent new
      #127847 - 12/05/04 03:05 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

all this time at my mil's writing out this recipe . I knew it sounded familar. I guess I can lose my hand written one and print this one out. At least I can read it better lol .

has anyone tried these? -nt- new
      #215634 - 09/24/05 08:06 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

oh I could make these- for some reason I thought they were sliced cookies duh!-nt new
      #215769 - 09/25/05 05:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

These are so good! new
      #231851 - 12/15/05 01:56 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I did lose the handwritten recipe . I finally made these and they were so easy and so good. I should have doubled the recipe because I think they will be gone before they even get frosted.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review