Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thai style stir fried chicken
      #127674 - 12/04/04 07:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thai-Style Stir-Fried Chicken

Once the chicken and vegetables are prepped, the cooking goes quickly. Have all the ingredients close at hand to whip up this sweet-hot dinner on a busy evening. Total time: 40 minutes (includes marinating time).

1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided cut out and use Pam- 21 grams less fat
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot I used the packaged shredded carrot
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1/2 cup light coconut milk if you don't shake the can you can skim the fat off the top like cream
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro substitute basil if desired

Combine rice vinegar, brown sugar, lime juice, red curry paste, and crushed red pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes, turning once.
Remove chicken from the bag, reserving marinade. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion and carrot; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add reserved marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add coconut milk and fish sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Stir in chicken and salt; cook 1 minute. Top with sprouts and cilantro.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of sprouts, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)

CALORIES 271 (28% from fat); subtract over 5 grams each for removing the oil FAT 8.4g (satfat 2.2g, monofat 1.6g, polyfat 3.4g); PROTEIN 29.7g; CARBOHYDRATE 19.6g; FIBER 2.9g; CHOLESTEROL 66mg; IRON 2.2mg; SODIUM 767mg; CALCIUM 43mg;
Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2004
I was very busy when cooking this and so I put in the onion and mushrooms for a couple minutes and then put in the chicken with the marinade. I added the milk, fish sauce and shredded carrot and then the bean sprouts last. I let hubby put peanuts on his. I also put in a really cool thing I found at an asian store; they are instant noodles. They look like ramen noodles but are nearly fat free and you put them into stir fries for 3 minutes with the sauce and they are then fully cooked. So this meal was a one pan and very quick one to make. If you can't handle small amounts of coconut milk please avoid it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thai style stir fried chicken new
      #305013 - 04/15/07 01:32 PM
snoopy101

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Michiana USA

I was tempted to make this, but then noticed that it has coconut milk. I thought that was taboo.

Also, is there a substitute for red curry paste? I have some curry powder on hand, but can't find paste.

--------------------
Wife to a teriffic husband. Mother to 6 awesome kids.

Re: Thai style stir fried chicken new
      #305136 - 04/16/07 05:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

1 serving will have about 4 grams of fat which is safe. Red curry paste is different than powder. it comes in a tiny jar and is easy to miss. you can sub red hot peppers with seeds removed along with curry powder or instead of peppers use pepper paste like sambal oeleak. Only 1t is needed.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 286 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review