Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

CHICKEN PILLOWS (using phyllo dough)

3 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
2 whole chicken breasts, halved and skinned
Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
1/2 lb. phyllo dough (pastry leaves found in freezer section)

In a medium bowl combine lemon juice, garlic and salt; mix well. Cut chicken breasts into cubes and add to the above. Marinate for 4-6 hours in refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove phyllo leaves from package and place between sheets of waxed paper. Cover with damp towel. Remove one leaf and cut in half. Gently spray both halves with butter cooking spray. Fold each half crosswise; spray each half again with butter cooking spray.

Place two cubes of chicken on end of folded half. Roll halfway up, then fold in sides and finish rolling. Spray with butter cooking spray; continue until sheets are finished. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.

Be creative - add soy or rice cheese (double up phyllo leaves); add your favorite vegetables; substitute shrimp for chicken.

web page

Here is a link to a post where Tamara (aka Little Minnie) posted that phyllo dough IS safe!! web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CHICKEN PILLOWS (using phyllo dough) new
      #123703 - 11/19/04 12:34 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

this kind of recipe is my favorite thing. my fav. meal of all is my chicken and brie in phyllo. of course the brie is bad news but i do make and eat them anyway- that is my naughty cheating! - but I just put a tiny bit of cheese in mine. Anyway I should make this one instead since it is sans cheese. (Oh how I love brie cheese! )

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#124024 - 11/20/04 01:32 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

This looks really good... I will have to try this.

#124161 - 11/20/04 05:58 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

this kind of recipe is my favorite thing. my fav. meal of all is my chicken and brie in phyllo. of course the brie is bad news but i do make and eat them anyway- that is my naughty cheating! - but I just put a tiny bit of cheese in mine. Anyway I should make this one instead since it is sans cheese. (Oh how I love brie cheese! )

Oh, the old days....when brie was not safe but I did not know better

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review