All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mushroom pasta
      #122952 - 11/17/04 05:23 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Here is another one of my made up recipes that is so vague no one will want to try it.
Wild mushroom pasta
1 box linguini
1 package cremini -sliced
1-1 1/2 c. dried porcini mushrooms
shallots
garlic
fresh thyme or rosemary or dried
salt and pepper
1 can chopped artichoke hearts
couple T flour
1 can chicken broth
peas
oh parsley on top would be pretty

Ok pour boiling water over the dried mushrooms and soak for a few minutes. Then take out the mushrooms and wash and chop them. Reserve the liquid and pour through paper towels into a med. saucepan. Add chicken stock and boil until reduced a bit.
Cook pasta. Saute shallots, garlic and mushrooms in a pan with Butter Pam. Add lots of salt and pepper and some herbs. When they look done add artichokes and flour. Stir a couple minutes. Then add peas and broth and stir constantly. Season well and don't bother adding icky soy cheese or creamer b/c it will just sap the flavor. Mix with the hot pasta. Just make sure the sauce is well-seasoned and thickish and that there are enough mushrooms. DH was oohing and ahing over this recipe tonight. (he put parmesan on his).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mushroom pasta new
      #122958 - 11/17/04 05:30 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I am going to try it LM it sounds great- whats cremini though it it another type of mushroom?

S

--------------------
S.

baby portabellos- nt new
      #122992 - 11/17/04 07:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Yum! new
      #123006 - 11/17/04 08:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Sounds good to me! I'll be trying that one soon. And hey, I can work with vague...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 129 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review