Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need Help With Thanksgiving Day Cake
      #121764 - 11/15/04 03:23 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

Hi friends,
I need your help. I have to take a cake for Thanksgiving Day to my mother in law's. It has to be GOOD of course, I want them to say WOW!! Second it has to be able to be made ahead of time, 3rd it has to be able to travel 4hrs to Va. from NC. If anyone has a good recipe, can u post it here or plse email it to me personally, any help is greatly appreciated. No one else is IBS there but that does not matter. IBS food is great too

angelamongusca@yahoo.ca

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need Help With Thanksgiving Day Cake new
      #121765 - 11/15/04 04:14 AM

Unregistered

I just posted the recipe for this cake a few days ago after I made it, and when I saw I was thinking it's too bad I didn't have the chance to take it to a party on Thanksgiving because it was so good and everyone loved it and it was SO easy. It's a Sweet Potato cake

Sweet Potato Cake

1 - 29oz. can of sweet potato pie filling (it's a big can)
1 box of vanilla cake mix (this is where you'd probably have to watch the ingredients or maybe just compromise and make a simple cake batter of your own)
3 eggs (use the egg white equivalent of course)
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 pan.
Mix the filling,cake mix and eggs and pour into pan then top with pecans and brown sugar. Bake for 65 minutes (mine took about this long and expect the cake to be moist from all the potato). Hope this works out! Let me know if someone tries it!

And I think it would travel well too and we've been working on mine over the course of a week and it's still just as moist and good.
Good luck I hope you find something yummy to take with you!

The chocoalte/peppermint cake in the cookbook is awesome too new
      #121768 - 11/15/04 04:44 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

#121781 - 11/15/04 06:49 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I made Sharon Mello's pumpkin cake with normal ingredients lately pumpkin cake
and everyone liked it. It is very creamy. I put canned frosting on 3/4 of it and I ate the nonfrosted. I would say add lots of spice and you might want to put a fancier frosting that is more fall-like on it. Just leave some for yourself unfrosted. If you have a stand mixer mix the cake with that as I didn't and you have to mix 4 minutes and it was tiring!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#121788 - 11/15/04 07:03 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Great minds think alike... I was just going to suggest that pumpkin cake. How do you think it would be with a caramel frosting? I was thinking about trying the caramel variation on the seven-minute frosting.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review