All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question about Hulless popcorn
      #119530 - 11/06/04 11:45 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I was looking through some recipes last night and noticed that Jules had posted a recipe for carmel popcorn using hulless. Then I did a search in the recipe board about it and noticed that some people were talking about it a while back. Has anyone tried it? Where's the best place to get it? I did a search in yahoo and came up with some companies. I love popcorn and if this is a safe way to eat it I would love to try it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

**bump** new
      #119537 - 11/06/04 12:00 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'd love to hear more about this too!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Question about Hulless popcorn new
      #119555 - 11/06/04 01:07 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've never seen it in the store, although I think others have mentioned they have Black Jewel brand (I think that's the name). I've bought mine online from www.americanspice.com. Occasionally, I indulge in a little if I'm stable and after a safe meal.

Oh you guys new
      #119630 - 11/06/04 06:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

You got me thinking about "puffcorn" oooh caramel or cheese- it is the best! but of course a big no no. There is my weakness BTW cheetos or cheese puffcorn. Haven't had it for years. Drool.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

DOUBLE BUMP new
      #120069 - 11/08/04 03:34 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Sorrry to be annoying, just want to keep this on top, as it hasn't gotten any responses and I'm dying to know more about this!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

No, now you are... new
      #120114 - 11/08/04 04:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

making me hungry for puffcorn again! I hope you get an answer though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: DOUBLE BUMP new
      #120136 - 11/08/04 07:05 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Well, let's keep this one up on the list. Maybe someone knows. I didn't even know about this but could tolerate reg. popcorn previously but was taken OFF it because of diverticulosis....(darn ). Am wondering if I CAN eat the hulless kind safely...

I'll keep looking for you.

And BTW Amanda.........LOVE your new picture.....My goodness you are beautiful!!!

--------------------

#120148 - 11/08/04 09:04 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Awwwww Kandee you are too sweet abut my picture. I do think it's a pretty good one, though! My bf is next to me in the full-sized one, which is why I look so happy - but I haven't gotten his permission to start posting pics of him on this board, so for now it's just me. Glad you like it! That's high praise coming from hot stuff like yourself!
--Panda

--------------------
Amanda

#120166 - 11/09/04 08:12 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Amanda- Thanks for keeping this one up! I haven't had a chance to check this forum out in a couple of days. Any new insight?? Anyone??? I did check out the site that Mags posted. I just wonder if you can buy this in the regular store. And by the way you really look like a good friend of mine! Both of you have that gorgeous dark hair and eyes! It's a little uncanny!!

Re: Question about Hulless popcorn new
      #120230 - 11/09/04 09:56 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

This may sound like a dumb question - but how do you cook it? An air popper??? Without butter would think this is dry..yes?? Anne

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9454

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review