Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
User Rating: No Rating

4 (8-ounce) portions cod fish
2 wedges lemon
Salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan use less oil without problems
1 bulb fennel, quartered, core cut away, thinly sliced
1 small to medium yellow skinned onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1 (15- ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Black pepper
A few large sprigs, in tact, plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Rinse fish and squeeze lemon juice over it. Season the fish with a little salt and reserve.

Heat a large oven proof pan over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, fennel and onion and season with salt. Saute fennel and onions 7 to 8 minutes then add white wine and reduce a minute, then add broth. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Set fish into pan and spoon juices over the cod. Add a few sprigs dill to the broth and set the pan into the hot oven to cook. Cook 12 minutes, until fish is opaque. To serve, arrange cod on plate, top with vegetables and chopped fresh dill.
fennel tastes licoricey kind of and not everyone likes it. I like it and I hate other licoricey things like tarragon or black licorice. So it is worth trying!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmm... new
      #118554 - 11/03/04 12:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, I love licorice and I bet I'll love this! I'm definitely going to try this, hopefully this weekend - I was just saying to Adam that I don't have enough good fish recipes. Thanks!

Fish new
      #118567 - 11/03/04 12:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have been trying to gather more fish recipes since we want to eat more of it. (Fish or chicken you know is pretty much all we can have). Anyway my head is spinning from looking at 100s of recipes for orange roughy etc. Wow the internet is awesome.
Rachael Ray has such easy recipes (usually fatty but not this time), great for families.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Fish new
      #118580 - 11/03/04 12:39 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not at all familiar with Rachel Ray's recipes, but guess what - I'm off to do a search right now. Yes, the internet is awesome. Heh.

I had a simple (and vaguely similar) recipe for tilapia. You basically put the tilapia in a baking dish, topped it with rings of onion and slices of bell pepper, and then spooned tomato sauce and fresh oregano or basil over top. Bake till it flakes. I thought fish and tomato sauce was an odd combination, but it was really good.

Re: Fish new
      #118623 - 11/03/04 02:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Right I have seen recipes like that before. The thing is we forget how much fish is eaten in Italy since so many of the recipes we get have other meat in them. But Italians eat a lot of seafood and braising fish with tomatoes and other veg is a nice idea.
Reminds me of one time when I had a lot of runny homemade marinara, I put it in a big pot with wine and poached a small chicken in it. It worked. But then I had to reduce the sauce a lot to make it right.

Oh Rachael Ray has several shows on the food network and is sometimes on the Today show. She is about our age.

--------------------

Re: Rachael Ray's easy cod with tomatoes and dill new
      #118720 - 11/03/04 04:28 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I love Rachel Ray's recipes and she's friggin' everywhere on the Food Network (my favorite television channel). One of my friend's girlfriend got her recipe books and we poured over them one night. They were great and so easy to adapt!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review