All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Great, thanks Kree. new
      #144598 - 01/30/05 06:30 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Wow, this sounds fabulous..(and you know how you got me hooked on your gingerbread muffins?)...I'm going to make this up first as a bundt cake/bread to try... you know me, the lazy cook. what do you think about a simple glaze over it?

It got saved immediately.

thanks again..........as usual.......you are always so helpful..........

Now..my next quest is to find a soy sauce sub that has no wheat, no soy and no HFCS........and ideas?

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pumpkin Muffins new
      #144603 - 01/30/05 06:34 PM
Kandee

Thanks heaps Rachel...you know what? I think, because this looks fairly spicey, I'm going to try them as pumpkin/chocolate chip donuts....mixing all together except the milk, then adding a little at a time to keep it thick enuf for the donut pans. I've been thinking about it, but didn't have a recipe...this just may work wonderfully!!

--------------------

Ooooh! new
      #144622 - 01/30/05 07:09 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Let me know how they turn out! I might want that recipe for you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

LMBO new
      #144624 - 01/30/05 07:53 PM
Kandee

Quote:

I'll let you know, but it may take a while. I'm back on a diet and donuts are OUT for right now. Last time I made GF chocolate ones I froze most of them...then (bad me) discovered they were almost as good to eat frozen as defrosted. Sheesh, If I make up something sinfully sweet for me..GF and IBS safe, I have to seriously limit what I have around for to long or I will inhale it.....I need a bunch of non-discriminating kids around to eat my experiments .........but until that time, the neighbor's dogs will gladly oblige me anytime..LOL.

--------------------

Kree...what a beautiful new picture! nt new
      #144675 - 01/31/05 05:27 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Re: Pumpkin Muffins--I made these using this recipe and.... new
      #144831 - 01/31/05 09:35 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

man are they ever HEAVY!!! and dense. They have a good taste, but I'm not sure I like the heavy,dense part of them. I suppose it's from the 4 rounded tsp. of baking powder. I sure took a double take at that measurement when I first saw it, but thought I'd make them just as they were printed. Please don't take any offense at this reply, RachelT! As I said, they are very tasty, just too heavy for my likes. But, that's the fun of baking.....trying new things! The experimentation! Thanks for giving me something new to try today! It's great baking weather where I live---pretty, light, fluffy snow flurries!

Wow! Another Iowan!!! new
      #144857 - 01/31/05 10:22 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Where are you in Iowa?? I'm in Cherokee... about an hour from Sioux City.

Heck... don't worry about offending me! I love hearing what people think about the recipes I post... good or bad! One thing though... I would think the baking powder would make them rise more, than anything else. Maybe there's something else about the recipe that caused the "denseness". Maybe try a little less flour?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Wow! Another Iowan!!! new
      #144884 - 01/31/05 11:15 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

I'm from Conrad, which is over North Central just a bit south of Waterloo/Cedar Falls. You are the only other Iowan I've seen on this board so far. You moved here from MN didn't you? Seems like I remember you saying that a while back. Did you get any snow today? We just had flurries, nothing much. Oh and by the way, my husband came home for lunch and absolutely Loved the muffins! Go figure. But, as I said before, they have a good taste!

Re: LMBO new
      #144942 - 01/31/05 02:09 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

Quote:

I'll let you know, but it may take a while. I'm back on a diet and donuts are OUT for right now. Last time I made GF chocolate ones I froze most of them...then (bad me) discovered they were almost as good to eat frozen as defrosted. Sheesh, If I make up something sinfully sweet for me..GF and IBS safe, I have to seriously limit what I have around for to long or I will inhale it.....I need a bunch of non-discriminating kids around to eat my experiments .........but until that time, the neighbor's dogs will gladly oblige me anytime..LOL.

Frozen donuts... oh yum!! I'll have to try that little trick once the weather heats up here!! It just doesn't sound appealing at the moment, since it's about 25 degrees out today and this is a heat wave, believe it or not!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Thanks Tia! -nt- new
      #144943 - 01/31/05 02:10 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review