Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
carrot cake recipes? -nt
      #112762 - 10/13/04 02:20 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: carrot cake recipes? -nt new
      #112765 - 10/13/04 02:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Eating for IBS p242 (I was just looking at it earlier!)

--------------------
S.

#112787 - 10/13/04 03:39 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

This is the BEST carrot cake recipe! I like it better than regular carrot cake (so very moist!).

--------------------
- Jennifer

is there one that... new
      #112798 - 10/13/04 04:03 PM
Little Minnie

has no pineapple and uses canned or baby food carrots? (I'm lazy). My grandma had a great one but it has 1 1/2c oil! I might try it with 1c applesauce and 1/2c oil. What do you think?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

here is what I made new
      #113303 - 10/15/04 05:48 PM
Little Minnie

I did make grandma's recipe with just under 1/2c oil for a 9x13 pan. It still has about 4-5 grams of fat depending on how big you cut the peices and that is sans frosting.

8 egg whites beaten
2c sugar
less than 1/2c oil
1c. applesauce
2c. flour
2t. baking soda
1t. salt
2t. cinnamon
1 can carrots drained of 1T water and the rest mashed really good
can add raisins (I forgot )

Mix in order given and bake in 9x13 baking pan for about 1 hour. Frost as desired or sprinkle powdered sugar maybe.

This was the only decent recipe of my mom's mom. But one time when she was old we went over to her house and she offered it to us and we accepted. Then she took it out of the OVEN and it had cream cheese frosting you know and the frosting was all moldy. She ate it like that!

--------------------

Re: here is what I made new
      #160998 - 03/16/05 07:53 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

i cooked this recipe last night and ate a pieace this morning!it tasted pretty good!thanks for the recipe!!

#161022 - 03/16/05 08:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

This is the BEST carrot cake recipe! I like it better than regular carrot cake (so very moist!).

I totally agree!! I made this one for our last "Seattle Gathering"...and I'm making this again for our family Easter....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Wow I forgot about this- nt new
      #161165 - 03/16/05 12:45 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review