All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Maine Lobster Rolls
      #108684 - 09/27/04 05:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Lobster rolls are very popular up here in the tourist spots - even Burger King sells them! The ones available in most of those places would kill us IBS'ers, but the good news is that they're really simple to make IBS-friendly.

You need:

* Cooked lobster - online recipes figure 3oz per roll, I figure 1 lobster per person because I like bigger rolls!
* Fat-free/lowfat mayonnaise of choice
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Good white sandwich rolls - think like the rolls you get a 6" sub in at Subway (You could also use good hotdog rolls, but this will also make smaller sandwiches, of course.)

Cut the lobster up into bite-size pieces. Mix in enough mayo to get desired consistency - you definitely don't want it dripping with mayo, but it should be moist. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into rolls and enjoy!

And that's it... as silly as it is, that's an authentic Maine lobster roll.

My boyfriend makes his lobster salad a little fancier, with some finely chopped celery and green onion; you could really add anything to it that you would typically want to add to a seafood salad. Toasting the cut rolls a bit is nice too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Maine Lobster Rolls new
      #108758 - 09/28/04 07:28 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Maine and lobster. It's childhood memories. My grandma used to buy live lobsters out of truck on the side of the rode and make lobster stew everytime we went up there. It was so good. I wish I had her recipe and we could make alterations so I could have it again. That was when she lived in East Millinocket. It was one of the few excitments when we went since there wasn't much to do there.

The last time we went up was 5 years ago and we stayed in Portland. I couldn't believe it when I saw lobster roll served everywhere we went. I'm going to have to try this recipe. Sadly, I never even tried lobster rolls when we were there and that was pre-IBS.

No way! new
      #109131 - 09/29/04 08:09 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Small world! My boyfriend and I just bought a house in East Millinocket!! Haha. That's where I've been the past couple days... moving in. Too funny; it's such a tiny town, I never expect anyone I "meet" online to have ever heard of it. Neat.

Lobster stew sounds absolutely fabulous. Mmm...

That is so funny new
      #109219 - 09/30/04 08:08 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I wouldn't have thought you knew where E. Millinocket was. I hope the unpaking is going well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 623 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review