All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone on orthotricyclen?
      #95109 - 08/02/04 11:30 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I have been on this for about 2 plus years now and I'm thinking about getting off of it. I have been getting bad headaches that don't want to go away. I have also been feeling dizzy and nauseated to. I've had this horrible headach for a week now and I have taken so much Ibuprofin but its not helping.

I also have break through bleading and weird periods. Do you think these are side effects from the pill? I wounder if side effects can start after you have been on it for some time.

I really hate taking pills. I don't want to get pregnant for about another year or so....but I dont think I can stand to take these pills either.

Do you guys have any suggestions or has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

had the same problem new
      #95127 - 08/02/04 12:43 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I feel like "Queen of the Pill," because I've been on it since I was 19 and have been on a few different ones because of different side effects. When I took the ortho tricyclin, I got headaches at about the same time every month. They weren't incredibly painful, but they were annoying.

I think that's the only tri-phasal pill I ever took. I'm now on Mircette, which I like pretty well. The key is that you might need to try a couple of different ones to figure out which one works best for you. Also, make sure you tell your doctor when in your cycle you're having the breakthrough bleeding. My doctor used that info to figure out which hormone I needed more of.

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I am on it! new
      #95179 - 08/02/04 04:31 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I have been on it since I was 18 (6 years) and have never really had any trouble with it. The only thing I found was when I quit it to try to get pregnant with Ben I was biiii$$$cccchhhyyy. Honestly, I was terrible. My hormones plummeted and I didn't even want to be around myself LOL

Thank goodness going back on it has been easier.

Although, I have heard of some women who have had trouble starting back on the same pill again. I would really check with your doctor. These side effects may very well be a result of your pill.

Take care,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Anyone on orthotricyclen? new
      #95185 - 08/02/04 05:56 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I started taking the pill at 17 and was on the pill off and on for 10years between child births. I had abnormal bleeding, headaches and stomach aches. When I was 27 before the last child was born I had a small migraine/ siesure/stroke. I was taking ortho then switch to tri brand.
So if your getting symptoms of the side effects, report to your doc and explore your options. I then decided to have our last child and then tied my tubes and the reason for that is, the birth control pill and the stroke I had, effected my neuro system. No more babaies for me. The bright side is I survive and I still have three beautiful kids!! So don't get scared, don't ignore symptoms and go to the doc.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review