Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Check in
      #367272 - 04/19/12 04:58 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi all,
I know some of my old ibs friends still lurk a bit here, so although I don't post often, I did want to update you. I've had a few crazy and stressful years trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Well, I finally got an answer. I went to the Cleveland clinic last week and saw dr. Kirby. I cannot express how incredible he is- so smart, so thorough, and so informative. So long story short, I have a dysmotility syndrome. Things simply don't work right. He said to think of my gut as a motor... Instead of getting a Mercedes, I got stuck with a 72 Volkswagen. Lol. He said the gastroparesis causes everything to slow down and not work properly. He said also that he would not consider my case to be IBS. So, what can I do? Well,, this is chronic. No actual cure, but a few ways to treat my symptoms. First, I am starting a liquid version of erythromycin. This antibiotic is used in gastroparesis partients to help their digestive system kick in. I also will be on a strict regimen of miralax.
So that's the basic story. I am feeling very hopeful, but wouldn't have made it through all of this without this board! Even when my symptoms seemed different, I knew I could pop on here and know people understood my pain. So thanks so much for your support.

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Check in new
      #367286 - 04/22/12 06:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Aly!!!

HURRAY for having an answer, a diagnosis and a good doctor!!! Sometimes having the diagnosis is what you need the most. Now you can move forward with treatment.

I hope everything works out of you and that you start to feel better soon!

Hugs!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#368615 - 11/20/12 08:45 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hey Aly, I just got back on the boards today. been off for a few years myself. I went way off the rails & am now paying for it. Good to see old friends again. Glad to hear your making progress!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#368628 - 11/21/12 12:29 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I remember you two? Hope you all will be posting again! Miss you!

#369245 - 02/22/13 01:31 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm really late to this but glad to hear you have an answer. I hope your new meds and routine are just what you need.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#369423 - 04/12/13 08:21 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Guys. It's been a while since I have checked in. I had my gall bladder out last summer and I must say that things are better. I still get attacks, but they are less frequent and not as painful.
i hope all of my old IBS friends from here are doing well.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7068

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review