All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Feeling nervous....
      #359891 - 07/22/10 11:11 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Lately, I've been nervous again about the smallest things. I'm on Lexapro for anxiety, but since my mother passed away, my nerves are really causing problems. Ugh! I don't really want to increase my Lexapro...but I know that's what my Dr. will suggest.

The nerves are upsetting my IBS-D, too...and that just makes more nervous.

I got an invitation from a local photography group today that I am interested in joining. They are having their picnic this Sunday. I'd love to go, but it's going to include leaving town with the group at 7a.m. sharp, driving 200 miles to the picnic/photographing location, driving around to other photo-op locations, eating, etc. My tummy does NOT do well that early in the morning and there are only 2 bathroom stops listed on the information for the event. I hate that my IBS sometimes dictates what I can or cannot do!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling nervous.... new
      #359892 - 07/22/10 11:30 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hi Nugget,

How was your vacation?

I am sorry that you are feeling so anxious right now. You have been through a lot with the death of your mother. It doesn't surprise me that you are not feeling 100%.

Can you drive yourself on this photography trip? Sometimes if I can drive I feel like I have more control. Then I know if I have an emergency I can take a detour and find a bathroom. I hear what you are saying about IBS controlling your life. I do choose my activities based on bathroom availability.

If you decide you want to go I would suggest eating very safe for days before and take immodium before you leave the house for the day trip.

--------------------
Janey

#359893 - 07/22/10 12:34 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Thought I would pop in here as this situation was so familar to me - Janey has a great suggestion - drive yourself - you could even start out later if they have a destination - just get there late.

I have been there and know just what you are going through - my sympathy to you on the loss of your mother (((HUGS)))

I have had severe refractory IBS since 1983 and raised my kids through the bathroom door - however, I am now much better after tons of meds and treatments, the hypnotherapy helped me immensely to break that anxiety level and symptoms. It was a really long road, but there is hope - take a peek at my journey link below.

Be encouraged - you dont have to live this way, there is hope... take care and hope you are able to take that photo journey!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#359898 - 07/22/10 04:32 PM
Nugget

Hi Janey....
Vacation was good. Very fast paced, though. I had to rest up when we got back. My tummy cooperated for the most part. I just kept Imodium handy. It's like my American Express...I never leave home without it. LOL!

Thanks for the support. Anxiety has always been a part of my life...some times are worse than others. This just happens to be a bad time. I can drive myself during the photography trip. That would certainly help. The other part that makes me nervous is I've not met any of these people before other than one....but I don't really know her...just met her. She is the one who told me about the group.

Still not sure if I will go, yet. It's supposed to be hot that day, too...and heat doesn't agree with me either. Ugh!

#359899 - 07/22/10 04:34 PM
Nugget

Hi Marilyn....that's a great idea to meet them at the destination later. If I go, I'll probably do that. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check out your journey on the IBS road.

#359900 - 07/22/10 05:24 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am glad that your vacation ended up being fun, even though it was busy. I have had vacations like that where I felt like I came home and had to rest up.

I can sympathize with your feelings of anxiety. Just do what you really want to do. It is entirely your decision. There is no one that is going to be upset with you if you don't go. Marilyn had a good idea about meeting the group later in the day.

--------------------
Janey

#359905 - 07/23/10 12:16 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hope you have a wonderful trip - excellent advice!
I'm just like you about the anxiety and when everything is overwhelming, it's hard to tell which comes first the IBS or the anxiety!
I just returned from 2 days with my daughter, SNL and 2 granddaughters. It was wonderful being with everyone, but the perfectionist/responsible/people pleasing/still a little co-dependent - part of me, made it miserable - trying to hard to make everyone happy. I'm not where I was 10 years ago, but still not where I want to be!

This is the way the board used to be - everyone supportive and caring - really enjoyed your interactions.

I don't get on here very often any more, but this was very encouraging...

{{Hugs}} & Blessings! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#359912 - 07/23/10 08:14 AM
Nugget

Yes, I really felt like I needed to rest up after vacation. Thankfully, my husband was still on vacation when I had to go back to work. So he went to our cabin to get some work done there...so I've had some much needed "me" time alone.

As for the photography trip...I think I'm going to pass on it right now. It's supposed to be 94 Sunday...too hot for me to be out taking photos. And it's kind of a difficult time right now. Today would have been my parents 49th anniversary...and we will be attending a funeral for the husband of one of my mom's best friends. So today and the next few days are rough ones emotionally. Will be ready to rest Sunday. The difficult part of the passing of mom's friend's husband is that he was hit by a car when he was walking to his car after the rodeo Saturday. Such a sad situation.

#359913 - 07/23/10 08:25 AM
Nugget

thank you Dorothy. {{{hugs}}}
It sure helps talking with people who have "been there, done that". My husband tries to be, but he's never gone through what I have and so his support sometimes gets annoying..ya know? LOL! He thinks he's helping, but when he says "try not to think about it", it's really no help at all. And I can't talk to my mom about it any more...I really miss her. I have my aunts, brother, and dad...but it's not the same.

#359914 - 07/23/10 08:57 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Gosh you guys,everyone seems to be cycling through rough patches right now.Myself included since the end of May my symptoms have been horrible,and the panic attacks,uncontrollable.
Heres the good news....I'm coming around !Maybe this is the start for everyone!!!
Glad you made it on your trip Nugget.I hope you had fun even while stressing out.
I wish I could just give you a great big hug right now!
I'm leaving in two weeks for a trip out to NFLD and I know my IBS is going to make me crazy too.Thank God for drugs!!

GAGA I hope things settle for you too and I hope everyone starts to have a better summer.

Nugget,what kind of photography do you like to take?I am an amateur enthusiast myself.Do you have facebook ?There are lots of fun photography sites there.

I hope you ladies are all doing better soon!!!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to everyone
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 349 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review