All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I think I may be about done here
      #359853 - 07/21/10 04:50 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I drift on and off the boards, but lately, I just don't like the tone lately. Over the last year or two, it's gotten progressively more tense and even hostile. It's not the warm,helpful place it used to be when I found this place five years ago.

I'll stop in a few more times this week, but after that, I'm taking a break for awhile, at least from looking anywhere but the Living Room.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I may be about done here new
      #359858 - 07/21/10 06:06 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hey snorkie== I am also in your shoes. I keep popping in now and then to check in on people. The problem is that supportive group that you knew would send hugs and support seems to have vanished. I don't post much anymore either. I just read the ibs diet board and holy canoli! your post was so encouraging and well put. I wanted to respond to you, but then I read the replies. I don't want to get involved with that mess.
You were always a great help and support to me, so thanks! I think I'm also going to step away. I get stressed out reading that board now--totally counteractive!
Good luck to you:)

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: I think I may be about done here
      #359865 - 07/21/10 08:59 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Your great advice and support will be missed. I go through stages when I don't come around at all, then occaisionally but don't respond to any posts. Then I will be in the mood to write something. I also go through a stage where I feel if everyone who offers caring advise leaves then what will happen to the place that we have such good memories of?

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from and I wanted you to know that you will be missed.

--------------------
Janey

Re: I think I may be about done here
      #359871 - 07/21/10 11:17 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Snorkie,

I totally agree with you about the tone of the board changing!! I had to go and see what was going on in the Diet board...

You have always been very supportive of everyone. You don't deserve to be treated as you unfortunately were.

Me, I only check the living room out every few days. I avoid the Diet board all together as it is so controversial and sometimes nasty lately. Not the board I joined 5 years ago either!

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best, always!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#359873 - 07/21/10 12:11 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Who the heck is being a pain now?
I only respond to a few on here and usually just lurk too.
It sometimes feels like it isn't worth coming back but you guys all have great advice and we all found help here at one time.Try to remmber that there are so many people out there that still want and need your advice.
The rest of the losers can all go pound salt!
Don't let a few annoying people chase you away.
Please!
BTW ...what did I miss?Everything from a certain someone has been deleted.
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#359881 - 07/21/10 08:16 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Sorry to hear you've been treated poorly. I lurk but rarely post anymore. I don't seem to have the energy to deal with combative personalities. I peek in once in awhile...for my old friends. Hugs!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#359884 - 07/22/10 06:18 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I check in most every day, but it isn't the same. We used to be so close, but little by little all the "old timers" left. I think of Shannon a.k.a. Cookie once in a while and wonder how she is doing. I still see Nelly here once in a while, but miss so many others. I will still check in though.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#359889 - 07/22/10 10:56 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sorry for your bad experience. I'm not aware of what you are talking about...I only check the Living Room out. And don't get here that often any more. I've met some wonderfully supportive people here in the "Living Room". Can't speak for the other boards. Hope you stick around here. {{{hugs}}}

#359897 - 07/22/10 02:51 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi, Snorkie, would hate to see you go. I was on vacation, so I missed all the drama. I tried to read up on what I could, and it sounded great to me! Some was deleted so I could not read the bad stuff. Well, you can't keep em all happy. Hope you stick around. By the way, from some of the responses, that DOES sound like that crazy-ass Naturopanic.

I really thought the boards had gotten alot better, especially the Diet Board, since we had gotten rid of two, very annoying, whinny, young posters. There is only one poster now, on the Diet Board, that annoys the crap out of me, (they are always right, and have all the answers, know what I mean?), so I just don't read any of their posts.

I guess we are back to square one.

I can understand how you feel ... new
      #359902 - 07/22/10 07:52 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I've felt the same ...

But check in because you will be missed.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review