All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Been a very long time!
      #358391 - 05/05/10 07:54 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I used to post here a number of years ago. Just popping in to say hello. I'm happy to report that one reason I stopped posting here was because I am feeling great!

I have pretty much recovered (symptom-free) by following another diet. So, I just didn't feel right posting here, although I have lurked a bit in the background. If anyone wants to keep up with my adventures, I have been writing a blog (http://scdkatfood.blogspot.com) detailing my journey to new found health.

I hope everyone here is doing well. I'll probably stick around a bit today and catch up on some posts.

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Been a very long time! new
      #358394 - 05/05/10 09:48 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Good to see you. I'm so glad you found what worked for you.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#358413 - 05/05/10 02:50 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi Kat! I took a look at your blog to see what had helped you and I was not surprised. You are not the first person to mention that particular diet and the improvement in symptoms.

#358414 - 05/05/10 03:06 PM
K2

Thanks Sand, nice to *see* you too I have always loved your quote in your signature, it's so true.

--------------------
Kat

#358415 - 05/05/10 03:10 PM
K2

Hi! Yeah a few people have tried it out and found it worked like I have. It's nice to finally feel well. I'm actually hoping to do some schooling and become a Nutritional Consultant, hoping to help more people get better. Everyone deserves to feel good and be healthy!

--------------------
Kat

#358433 - 05/05/10 07:55 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Kim, I just read your blog.
Very interesting, and good for you.
Although I wonder if SCD would work for me, since I have C and B not D.
I also do not think I could handle many of the legals "like cheese".

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#358448 - 05/06/10 07:29 AM
K2

My bloating went away day 1 on the SCD. Many people with C have found relief as well.

There's a site here with some advice:
http://pecanbread.com/new/coprotocol.htm

I started the diet straight from Heather's and did not consume any dairy at first (I was pretty terrified of dairy actually!). I don't believe the dairy is necessary and I would also not suggest cheese to anyone with C.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me kat.garson@gmail.com. I don't feel very comfortable posting stuff here about that diet.

There's also a Yahoo Group that is like a message board for SCD http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/ You can get a lot of feedback from others who have dealt with C and ask any questions you might have about the diet.

--------------------
Kat

#358462 - 05/06/10 09:42 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Good to see you here. Glad to hear you're healthy. I'm pretty stable as well. Things are good. You look great.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#358748 - 05/18/10 09:43 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi Kat, good to hear you're doing great! I wasn't really active here back when you were posting but I remember you!

It's interesting to me that you were able to get rid of bloating in one day on the diet. I tried it for about 2wks a while ago but unfortunately it made me worse and eventually I felt so miserable I had to quit . I really wish there was one approach for all of us.

Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#359099 - 06/06/10 07:22 PM
K2

Hi Zara, Luckily for me the intro diet worked exactly for me. As I added nuts and stuff I noticed problems but have figured out through trial and error a bit what works for me.

I'm not familiar with C at all, only time I would get any hint of C is from using too much Imodium. I know a lot of people with C and bloating as their main symptoms who got better on the diet. I'm trying to gather some tips and info from them to post on my site soon.

Sorry it didn't work for you, I hope you're feeling better now. Bloating is such a difficult/frustrating symptom to track the source of!

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 654 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review