All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
questions about the new health care
      #353382 - 12/21/09 08:50 AM

Unregistered

I heard 30 million uninsured will be getting healthcare..I only have some dental and cancer,which I got becaue it was only $8 a month for me because Aflac offered mcdonald's crew insurance at a low cost..Will that mean I won't get much coverage under the new health care? I have no medical,unless paying $8 a month in case I get cancer is considered health care...I just wonder how much a person is covered. Let's say I got pregnant,would the cost of the birth and all that be covered? I pay 60 some dollars out of pocket for birth control so I can't get pregnant. I have no insurance and only see a doctor once a year for my yearly woman appointment,which is almost $200 without insurance..I struggle to even pay it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions about the new health care new
      #353384 - 12/21/09 09:16 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I strongly urge you to make an appointment with your local Social Services Department in your county there in North Dakota.

They will explain things that might be available to you under your present circumstances. This might include some other subsidized help beyond medical.

These things vary from state to state and county to county. Only your specific county in your specific state can answer your questions accurately. I do know our local Public Health Department offers birth control pills at no charge. The same goes for condoms. The state would far rather prevent pregnancies, than deal with financially supporting an unplanned child for at least 18 years.

Give this avenue some serious exploration. I think you will find yourself pleasantly surprised at what all might be available to to you!

Only you can make the asserted effort to begin, by making the appointment. Then you can learn the answers to your specific circumstances (needs) and financial situation.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: questions about the new health care new
      #353410 - 12/22/09 03:00 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I agree with Windchime - see what's available now. You may be eligible for Medicaid or if not your State may have other plans you qualify for.

No one knows exactly what's going to be in the new health care bill yet. Probably more people will be eligible for Medicaid and probably there will be government subsidies for buying private insurance. I don't know when the expansion of Medicaid will happen but as far as I know the subsidies for buying private insurance don't kick in until 2014. And remember the bill hasn't been passed yet. What's happening now is just that the Senate is passing a bill. The House has already passed a different bill so now the Senate and House have to get together in January and see what they can agree on.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3202

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review