Re: Lemon Glazed Bread..loved it but it didn't love me.nt new
      #352810 - 11/28/09 09:20 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Cramping and D
Almost right away

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS & family new
      #352811 - 11/28/09 09:24 AM

Unregistered

why does it want to spasms and get rid of contents? I'm not c or d,stools not hard and not too soft,but can get mushy and too soft sometimes....should I just take 1 or 2 capsules a day do u think?

I hope it doesn't make me go less,just make me not have to take so many trips with incomplete bm, becaue the amount I go a day with all the trips to the bathroom,is like the amount of 1 regular bm a day, A ok piece here,a tiny bit here,small bit lots of times,bigger one here,u get it.

Re: IBS & family new
      #352820 - 11/28/09 12:10 PM
dragonfly

All I can tell you is that Slippery Elm Soothes the intestinal tract.
You can have D when your IT gets inflamed or irritated because of things like....medication,trigger foods,stress etc.

The SElm soothes the membrane of your IT so that it isn't irritated.

I think of it lik ethis...when you have a sore throat and it looks all red and burns to swallow.
When you take medicine to soothe your throat like cough drops or liquid medicine....your throat is no longer sore and it doesn't hurt to swallow.

Since your intestinal tract has a job..pushing through waste...when it is irritated,it pushes that waste through as quickly as possible.
If you tend to be C then your intestinal Tract locks up and refuses to move.The Slippery Elm soothes the lining and allows your bowels do do their job.

HTH

--------------------

Re: Colonoscopy is a must... new
      #352834 - 11/28/09 03:18 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I started drinking the peppermint tea alot recently and it only made my problems worse!! Turns out I have acid reflux and did not know it...I do not have the "classic symptoms". The slippery elm sounds interesting and I may try that. I also have a slow digestive tract and am taking meds for that right now. Sometimes there is an underlying problem that is not IBS related. I have scheduled a colonoscopy for the 18th...hopefully that will come back with good news.

As a woman your mother probably expects you to push through your pain and feeling bad and just help out around the house on a regular basis. I wish I could just come home from work and do nothing too!! That's not the world I live in, nor many of us for that fact.

Good Luck to you!!

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#352835 - 11/28/09 03:43 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I suggest that you order Heather's peppermint double enteric coated capsules. They will get the peppermint down below the stomach where they can actually start working for you.

I'm glad you are having a colonoscopy to rule out polps or tumors. From there, all you need do is find what works for you, starting with the basic IBS diet and going from there. Do use the fiber (Heather's is best based on my experience), and also the peppermint double-enteric coated capsulses. You will be fine.

Believe me, Heather is not paying me to push her products. I just KNOW that they have worked for me and the organic acacia fiber will benefit anyone, IBS or not. Today our same foods are not as nutricious as they were 50 years ago, and they are full of stuff our bodies don't digest very well, and ultimately can cause us health problems. Really good nutitrition is lacking as a result.

Believe me Heather's acacia works!... IF you remain faithful to it.

My best to to you, and do not fear the procedure. It is actually very easy. I don't know why I resisted having such for so many years. Fear is a terrible thing. Do not fear, stay calm. The procedure is over in a breeze.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#352842 - 11/28/09 06:19 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

... and you admit that for the last three years on this board that you have been eating McD's burgers and fries? You state you only at a "few" fries and nuggets as recently as 10 days ago and munch on dairy free chocolate chips. Dairy free does not mean fat free.

Just because something passes through you gut, doesn't mean there aren't bowel responses to what you ate that last a whole lot longer until your gut actually settles down from the offending food(s) that have inflammed, aggrivated, or offended the bowels.

Do you REALLY want to get better, and are you willing to meet the challenge? If so, then you would be better off READING more on this site and beyond as recommended (hyperlinks).

Many have suggested that you change your lifestyle, though you seemingly have a thousand reasons why you can't. You could if you actually wanted to and were motivated to do so.

I wish you well.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#352851 - 11/29/09 06:57 AM
dragonfly

I don't use any acacia,or other fibre supplement.
I also do not use peppermint.

I consider myself stable.
I have never used these things and have only ever used Slippery Elm and that was for only a week.

I have a problem with having to take supplements all the time.

I think we need to get back to the basics.Real food.Not packaged.Simple food.Organic if possible.

I believe its all the crap they have been feeding us over the years.
All those ingredients we can't even pronounce..that have led to so many people having food problems.

--------------------

Re: Colonoscopy is a must...
      #352861 - 11/29/09 03:31 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I so agree with you. I quit all the extra crap I was taking and am 100% better. Like they say, if my grandma doesn't recognize it, then it ain't food. The only supplement I continue to take is a probiotic, other than that I eat real organic food, most of which I grow myself.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 761 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review